What's new

In support of Ashley Morris

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know I'm new here, so I REALLY hope this doesn't get taken as a money-making attempt. There are some guys on here who know my from Cigar Weekly who can vouch for me.

Recently a good friend of ours - Ashley Morris (Knife on Cigar Weekly) - passed away. He is survived by his wife and 2 children. The owner of the shop I work at has been friends with them for years and years now. Their kids grew up together. She recently lost her husband, so she understands exactly what it means to be left with 2 children, but without a husband. She has decided to put up a raffle, with 100% of the proceeds going to Ashley's family.

Even if you didn't know Ashley this is still a good opportunity to possibly win some great stuff. Here is the info I posted at CW:

Carrie has decided to put together a GREAT item up for raffle to support Ashley's wife and kids. For anyone not familiar with the situation, just know that right now they need as much support as they can get. So we are having a raffle, with 100% of the proceeds going to his family.

As Carrie is out of town raffle tickets can be purchased through my ** account (I already talked to Carrie about his and she would rather someone else handles the details as she has enough stress on her mind) here: richard@essence-eternal.com.

Or they can be mailed directly to:
Cumberland Cigar Co.
101 E Weed St
St. Mary's, GA 31558

I am going to be posting pictures of the items as soon as I can get home and get my card reader. Anyone who knows of any websites honoring him please feel free to post this there. (Or if someone has set up a website maybe they could put a button on it with links to the photos that are soon to come.)

Here is what we are raffling:

Raffle:
Amalfi Humidor (75 count)
Hand-made cigar band ashtray

Cigars:

Diamond Crown Maximus
Fuente Opus X
Fuente King ‘B’
Ashton ESG
Bucanero Texas Star
Bucanero Full Sail
Partagas Black tubo
Dunhill Signed Range Corona 5-pack

Tickets are $5 each. If you do support them PLEASE put some sort of info in the message so I know who to write the tickets out for. (I'd prefer name and phone number at the very least. We'll call the winner when we pull tickets.)

Again guys, thanks for supporting.
I hope I'm not doing a faux pas by posting this so soon after joining, but I promised her I'd put this up on all the cigar websites I know of. Thanks guys,

Rich

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, and to clarify: MO or check are great - just make sure you put something in the envelope that lets us know who you are - that way when you win we know where to send it, or where to get ahold of you. As we're also offering the raffle in-store we're going to be writing out a physical ticket for each person that supports. Knowing Carrie (the shop owner. Her husband was Ed Guevarra - Cubano67 on CW who passed away a few months ago) she will most likely end up giving away some other prizes too. I've never seen her stick to one single winner before. :peace:

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, I'm sorry to hear the news! I wasn't familiar with Knife/Ashley but it's always sad to hear about anyone passing, especially a fellow Botl! My thoughts and prayers will be with his family!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright, I have a little website up to help with supporting Ashley's family. It's nothing too fancy, but it should do the trick anyway. Plus you can see exactly what's getting raffled.

PLEASE make sure that if you use the ** option, you put your name and phone number so we know who to call if you win.

Ashley Morris Raffle

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tells you how long since I've been on that board, I didn't realize anything like that had happened to such a nice guy! Sorry to hear about Ashley/Knife passing.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sad situation indeed. I do not post much, but tend to lurk at CW almost daily. On Sunday was reading through a thread started by Knife and then went to the next thread Ihadn't read and it wa the thread about his passing. That was a shock.
Prayers to both Knife and Cubano67 families.