What's new

In the market for a new Drip machine

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another vote for the Technivorm. I bought mine from Sweet Maria's some 10 - 15 years ago. It's one of only a small handful of machines that brew at the proper temperature for correct extraction. Most residential machines brew at too low a temp.

Before I developed a caffeine allergy, I would brew 3 to 4 pots a day, and this machine never missed a beat.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

Finally, after much resistance from the wife, our drip machine shit the bed on new years day. We ordered this guy right away and it arrived last night. This morning was the maiden voyage. We're becoming fast friends.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
So does the technovorm make coffee just as good as a manuel pour over?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
bunn. hundred bucks, and it will make simple and consistent coffee for decades. also, a wire mesh basket helps a LOT for mouthfeel of cup, and should be available at most grocery stores at this point.

IMO if you want GOOD coffee, do slower methods, like pour-over. if you want GREAT coffee, be prepared to pay. but the bunn works for me for my daily fix. and performs awfully well for a simple machine.
I have to agree with this!

I've got a Bunn Pour-a-Matic that I got from my grandfather 10 years ago. He had it for probably 20 before that and it still makes a great cup of coffee. Now I don't shit about Bloom and perfect brew temp, etc. I just know I tired to switch to a Keurig for convenience and last less than 3 cups. This pot is just solo much better.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
IMO if you want GOOD coffee, do slower methods, like pour-over. if you want GREAT coffee, be prepared to pay.
So what do you define as great coffee. If you're talking about espresso then yes you will spend a ton, but I, and most people I think, consider them separate things.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I not a coffee expert like some of the brothers, but I just go this one a few months ago. And I really like it. Since the carafe is really just a stainless steel thermos, you do not have a heating plate it sits on. And it brews very hot. So far, we like it overall and its only about $63 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037ZG3DS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I have... Have had it for about 4 years. Not a bad machine for daily use

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bite the bullet and buy the pro model Bunn. It's pretty much all stainless steel, parts are readily available and pays for itself many times over. Mine has been in service 12 years and I drink 2 pots of coffee a day. The only thing I have had to replace was the reservoir gasket. It cost 90 cents and $4.00 in shipping.