What's new

Incredibly Stupid!!!

jre

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Did possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I ordered up 10 5 vegas series A's, a fiver of 601's, a fiver of Torano 1916's, a fiver of Serie V lanceros and a five count herfador a couple days ago. In a fit of having a fever accompanied by a tremendous amount of stupidity I entered my old po box number with my new zip code. I talked to the company about catching the package and changing the info before it went out when I realized what I had done, but it had already shipped. Because of work, I couldn't get to my post office to alert them until this afternoon and the package had already been signed out and delivered. Looks like someone else got a very nice Labor Day present. :stickbeat I hope they enjoy. Hopefully some of you can get a better laugh out of it than I am.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
ouch. That's shitty dude. I'd mail that dude a letter saying that the 'right' thing to do would be to return it to ya, since the mail was not addressed to him. regardless of it ending up in his PO box or not.

Sorry to hear of the mistake dude.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I agree about sending that person a letter. They'll see that they were purchased and might RTS anyway, but a letter couldn't hurt!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Some dude's probably already calling his buddies about how a random box of 'Cubans' showed up in his mailbox....

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, not sure of laws there but the bloke shouldn't be able to open a package not addressed to him, for it's a federal crime.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
WOW that sucks on so many levels. if he is a true cigar smoker he'll return them cause that would suck if it happened to him. just trying to be an opptomist for you. good luck bro'

jre

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for the responses guys. It's rough because I have to wait until tuesday for the post office to be open again. I'll probably send that guy a letter and see what I can do. Live and learn huh?

jre

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Happy update. I went back to the post office today and had them call the person who got the package to tell them that they might have something that doesn't belong to them. The person came in later today and sent the package back to the sender, so other than the smokes coming in a little dry when I finally get them, I should have them by early next week. Big relief.