What's new

Indy area Herf April 6

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hey Indy BOTLs...

Working on booking a hotel for my trip to Indianapolis / Shelbyville in June.

The hotels in Shelbyville are all pretty basic for a month-long stay. I found one hotel that fits the budget criteria but it seems to be a little bit of a drive since it’s downtown Indy.

Can anyone provide any insights as to traveling from Marriott downtown canal (350 W New York St.) to State Hwy 44 in Shelbyville?

I was looking at the map but how’s traffic coming out of downtown?

How’s traffic headed south on the 65 (or better yet, the 74)?

How long should I expect the trip to take M-F, around 8-9AM, and back into Indy around 7-8PM?

Thanks bros!

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, if you set it up for the morning alot more people can go. Plus parking isnt such a hassle at carmacks 2hr free parking or metered parking so you dont get a ticket
I’m sure it’ll be while the day is still young - I don’t want to try and get everyone together at 5PM on a Sunday knowing we all gotta work the next morning.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey Indy BOTLs...

The hotels in Shelbyville are all pretty basic for a month-long stay. I found one hotel that fits the budget criteria but it seems to be a little bit of a drive since it’s downtown Indy.

Can anyone provide any insights as to traveling from Marriott downtown canal (350 W New York St.) to State Hwy 44 in Shelbyville?

How long should I expect the trip to take M-F, around 8-9AM, and back into Indy around 7-8PM?

Thanks bros!
I cannot help with the canal to 44, since I try to avoid downtown as much as I can, but traffic sucks right before 8am (rush hour) expect about a 15-30mins delay, it's not usually gridlocked, but it is slow moving. Going back at the time though should be a breeze, not too much traffic.

I work in Brownsburg at Smoker's Choice (biggest humi in the state), Blend is gorgeous, but VERY expensive. Stixx downtown is supposed to be really nice, but I haven't been yet. Carmacks is nice, but their hours are stupid. Nicky Blaine's I hear good things, but also pricey and dark.

Smoker's Choice:
729 N Green St, Brownsburg, IN 46112
(317) 858-0297
M-Thursday 11am - 10pm
Fri - Sat 11am - Midnight
Sunday 11am- 10pm
These are the lounge times

Blend:
3981 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317) 578-1774
I don't know their hours

Stixx:
361 Indiana Avenue Indianapolis
317-220-8755
Tues - Thursday - Noon - 11pm
Friday - Noon - 3am
Saturday - 1pm - 3am
Sunday - 1pm - 9pm
Monday's closed

Carmack's
822 Logan St, Noblesville, IN 46060
(317) 773-3770
Monday- Friday 10:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 12:00 pm - 4:00pm
See, stupid times

Nicky Blaines
20 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 638-5588
Monday
4:00 pm - 3:00 am
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
4:00 pm - 12:00 am

Hope this helped, let me know when you are in town, and I'll let you know if i'm working or not (Sunday's are a pretty good bet for me)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey Indy BOTLs...

Thanks bros!

If you are going from downtown to Shelbyville in the morning, I wouldn’t expect it to take much longer than what the map says. You will be going out of town when most others are headed into town. You might have a little traffic from your hotel to the interstate, but it shouldn’t be that bad after that.

Coming back at 7or 8 would be a breeze.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Hey Indy BOTLs...

Thanks bros!
Leaving town is pretty easy in the morning. Your biggest bottleneck will be dealing with the 465-65 interchange on the southside. That area is pretty traffic heavy, but like others have said, most people are heading towards the city. You could also just take 70 east from the north split (where 65 and 70 join, near your hotel) and then take 465 down to 74 from 70. I just know the southside is crazy these days. You're looking at a 35-45 minute commute, depending on where in Shelbyville you'll be.

One great thing about the hotel location, is you could walk to Stixx, which is a great cigar bar and restaurant. Their food is amazing and they only ask that you purchase a drink if you bring your own smokes.