What's new

Info and/or advice

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if its the brand of cigars or something Im doing. Heres my issue.........I fire up a premium cigar, great burn, great draw, no problems. 1", 2", whenever that first ash falls off, it takes most of the cherry and I find myself relighting the damn thing the rest of the way. This happens alot with all different brands. Today, RyJ by Ryj. Been sitting for a few months, beautiful plume on the wrapper, great light, burn and ash. After 1", ash fell, and that was all she wrote. I was relighting the rest of the way. What is goin on here? Is it me, the cigars, the humidity? Had a Torano yesterday from the same humidor, not one problem throughout the entire stick. Im thinking its some cigar brands, but this happens way too often. Any suggestions?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your Humidity in your humidor sounds like its to humid
Rock solid 65% HF beads. I would say this happens with 7 out of 10 cigars. It just seems like the cherry goes with the ash, I dont get it. I am not a fast smoker, but it almost seems like a very minimal case of tunneling, where the wrapper extends over the cherry after the ash falls.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The other common denominator is you. What is your exact lighting method? Are you toasting? If not, try that.

[video=youtube;xF2ir96lHkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2ir96lHkU[/video]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Senor Perfecto.....good video, thx. Yes, I make cigar lighting a ritual. Almost always a perfect toast, light, and burn. Im wondering if its thicker wrappers that cause this. The RYJ I smoked today apparently has a double binder. Im at a loss, and I do appreciate all the info and advice, but Im pretty good with humuidity, lighting, and slow smoking (Ibelieve, anyway). All I know is, when this happens, it kinda ruins the smoking experience.

Now that Im thinking about it, I smoke Connecticut wraps every now and then, and this never happens with them. Not that I can remember. Im thinking thicker wrappers? Does anyone else have this issue?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im waiting on my Avallo humidor to get everything in one place, to better manage my stash. I have too many humis and a coolerdor, and I think this affects different sticks .Going to set the Avallo at 65% Rh, all gars in one place, hopefully this will help. Just frustrating. Appreciate the input from everyone

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Very strange dilemma your dealing with. I doubt its the cigars from a manufacturing standpoint or the type of wrapper. I think i have lost a cherry only once…no pun intended. so the fact that your loosing them regularly says its either a humidity issue or a smoking issue or both but it sounds like your doing everything right. something is not right thats for sure.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What brand of cigars are doing this? JDN Dark corojo goes out on me every once in awhile, with a few others like the edge maduro does this sometimes. I have found to lower the humidity to 60% on these cigars and it helps a bunch with the burn issues I am having

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is it like where you're smoking? If it's windy, or you're moving your cigar a bit much that could also be a factor. I also have an ashtray that's at a weird angle that encourages the ash to fall off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all responses, jokes, suggestions. I enjoyed all of them. OK, I think I'm mis speaking when I say the cherry is falling off. Happened again tonight, and Im thinking its a humidity issue. Had an Espinosa Maduro (love em). Perfect toast, light, great ash, smoking great. I always allow the ash to fall on its own, and it did. I think whats happening is referred to as tunneling. When the ash fell, the wrapper was slightly over the cherry, requiring a re-light. Is this tunneling? Im thinking humidity issue. However, after relight tonight, it smoked with no further issues. My Rh shows 70% with 65% HF beads in a coolerdor, 62 degrees. After reading all responses, I guess it would be really odd if the entire cherry drops off. It does not, just looks like it because the wrapper protrudes. Why the high Rh with 65% HF beads? Thanks again guys !!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what you get for smoking Cbid cigars. Only joking, bud. I personally have no clue. I hope you get it figured out.
You had to go there after my beetle ordeal, didnt you? I got a chuckle out of that one, very nice !!:applause:

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I believe your RH is high because of a few reasons or combination of them. 1. Your coolerdor doesn't isn't made of of wood to absorb some of the humidity 2. Your beads are 2 wet, not allowing them to absorb the excess moisture 3. If your coolerdor isn't quite full you are getting an air reading which are always higher.