What's new

Informal BBQ Sauce Preferences

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I know I have seen others sending homemade sauces and stuff. If not a place to trade actual sauces and rubs then maybe recipes or ideas.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I love all kinds of BBQ sauces, and I'm crazy about remoulade done right. My family's homemade bbq sauce recipe is Texas-based, so it's sweet & tomato-based with a kick. Grew up drinking that stuff like gravy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like vinegar based alot and mustard based i like heat if its balanced with something else.. i'm a big dry rub fan i make alot of different rubs but usually if i do rub i dont use sauce its just the way i was taught

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
As long as you add unsweetened chocolate, it's more along the subtle bitter lines. I've also used roasted cacao nubs as well, just ground up with a pestle and mortar. Because the tomato sauce has all that sugar, it's nice to toss in something a bit bitter.

Think of eating a doughnut and offsetting it with a good cup of coffee.

Send me your addy and I'll send you some of my dry rub when I make the next batch.
you can send me some dAT Rub! I live for spicy food …..and food in general…..just a skinny kid getting fatter and fatter the older I get ….I Luvvvvvvv Food! I hope to be called "fat matt" ……one day, …. one day….. as far as me sending you my address, I think that request can be considered mute at this point

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Haha! This is great! I have a rub I have use and its pretty descent. But when we are having a bunch of people over I just do a simple salt and pepper rub with a little cayenne and maybe paprika. Then I smoke pig until it's at 190 for at least an hour so it falls apart. Then put that on a good cibatta bun with a good homemade sauce and homemade slaw. Damn thats good with a side of beans!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you add unsweetened chocolate, it's more along the subtle bitter lines. I've also used roasted cacao nubs as well, just ground up with a pestle and mortar. Because the tomato sauce has all that sugar, it's nice to toss in something a bit bitter.

Think of eating a doughnut and offsetting it with a good cup of coffee.

Send me your addy and I'll send you some of my dry rub when I make the next batch.
This. I use Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened baking cocoa in all my chocolate rubs.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hahaha how is it that every thread turns into a bombing thread?

I like a good mustard based sauce. With some good heat!