What's new

Interesting: cigars and health

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're saying cigars are healthy, I'm calling BS right now. There's many things I do in moderation because I enjoy them, accepting that there is an inherent risk. Cigars is one of those things.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
if you're saying cigars are healthy, I'm calling BS right now. There's many things I do in moderation because I enjoy them, accepting that there is an inherent risk. Cigars is one of those things.
Perhaps you should read the article.
No one is saying they are healthy, just not as harmful as the FDA would like folks to believe.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the article. At least FDA choose to publish their results, even though they buried the important conclusions. I half expected the FDA to loose the entire study.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things I don't need government studies to see the end results.

Common sense should tell you that your lungs are designed to inhale air. (heck, even oxygen is detrimental to a point) It doesn't take much insight to see that inhaling smoke is NOT what was intended. The other soft tissue of the nasal cavity, tongue, gums and lips can also be exposed but it seems to depend on how often the exposure occurs and at what intensity. One example that comes to mind is that wood workers have a higher incidence of nasal cancer, lung problems and emphysema because of increased exposure to sawdust.

Apples to oranges... Cigars smoked once or twice a week and not inhaled shouldn't be compared with cigarettes smoked and inhaled repetitively every single day. Cigarette tobacco also carry carcinogenic chemicals that are not present in cigar tobacco.

Bottom line... cigars smoked moderately carry a very low risk imo.