206   0   0
It's still Microsoft though ... :tongueout

MS Customers = :scratchhe :disappoin :angeryell :argh:

MS Customer service = :music: :sleep: :smokingme :dunno:

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tabbed browing rocks. I use Firefox like it's goin out of style. Next on my anti-MS list is gettin an Apple iMac.

Those things are sweet.

:blob:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
MichiganM said:
Tabbed browing rocks. I use Firefox like it's goin out of style. Next on my anti-MS list is gettin an Apple iMac.

Those things are sweet.

:blob:
The new Intel ones are sooooo freakin fast its crazy. My friend works at the apple store and we were visiting one and hes like "check this out" and he goes to the Applications directory, selects everything, and opens every application on the system. The machine didn't even blink an eye, it just loaded them one by one in a few minutes.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah...that Intel Duo Core Processor is fast as...well fast. It's two microprocessors in a single shell. One processor runs the OS while the other is strickly for running systems. Just did a paper on the entire subject.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
alright...just talked to my roommate about firefox and IE. #1) this is the newest version of IE? #2) Which is preferrable and why, IE or firefox?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I'm more concerned with IE correctly implementing W3 standards than tabbed browsing...

Joshua said:
The new Intel ones are sooooo freakin fast its crazy. My friend works at the apple store and we were visiting one and hes like "check this out" and he goes to the Applications directory, selects everything, and opens every application on the system. The machine didn't even blink an eye, it just loaded them one by one in a few minutes.
Of course they were all universal binary applications opened I'm sure.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
thebigo said:
alright...just talked to my roommate about firefox and IE. #1) this is the newest version of IE? #2) Which is preferrable and why, IE or firefox?
Firefox is more preferable to me. Tabbed browsing, themes and extensions are cool and all.....but it's the security that really grabs me. Wayyyy more viruses are targeted at IE and it's security wormholes. Of course that may change in time since FF is becoming more popular. Apple is desirable for this same reason.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
MichiganM said:
Firefox is more preferable to me. Tabbed browsing, themes and extensions are cool and all.....but it's the security that really grabs me. Wayyyy more viruses are targeted at IE and it's security wormholes. Of course that may change in time since FF is becoming more popular. Apple is desirable for this same reason.
Yeah thats the same type of thinking Microsoft tries to push on people, that because they are more popular of course they have more viruses. Firefox however is open source which means as soon as an exploit is found somebody can change the code and release a fixed version. In IE you don't know the bugs are there and MS might even be aware of them, but not said anything because nobody has been hit yet.

Now as far as apple goes, a lot of the underlying components of their OS are open source to begin with, and they are generally very fast in releasing security updates (within 24 hours usually)

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm just don't like the new layout of IE 7. I think on a PC i'm going to have to stay with Firefox. just seemed weird and to me it wasn't user friendly. Just my opinion tho.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
is there a link for that fasterfox as well or does it just have it on a toolbar or something when I install?

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do like this firefox quite a bit. It is very similar but has some nice features and the cosmetics aren't bad either. I am wondering about the script blocking that I see at the bottom of the page. What does that do? It wouldn't load botl.org until I pressed the button to reload the page. Also, how do I use this tabbed browsing?

I downloaded a couple of things:

firefox
tabbed browsing
some other things

just need to figure out some of this stuff. Thanks for the help y'all <--(y'all was used in olden days according to someone)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ya'll is still being used today, atleast in my neck of the woods. It is most commonly mispronounced or not said at all, i.e. Hey You Guys or Hey You All. Just like everything carbonated down here is a coke and somewhere else it might be a pop or soda pop

:hysterica :headroll:

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah...that coke and soda pop thing always bothered me. They have brand names...that's why they advertise them. Don't know why it bothered me...oh yeah...b/c when I was a waiter I had to take back a lot of "cokes" b/c they wanted a sprite.