What's new

Intro from NYC

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello! I'm Rob, 28 years old and new here. From NC but living in NYC the past two years. Recently became obsessed with cigars and acquired about 600 sticks, which I've had to spread across a number of humidors in my small East Village apartment. Definitely interested in the marketplace here and meeting up with cigar buddies etc. I smoke about 2-3 stogies a day. Hoping to start a company one day, mostly a coffee shop / cigar bar combo with an online presence. Happy to be here and find this place and looking forward to getting to know you all!

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
LMK if anyone knows where the current newbie sampler thing is to get paired with a sponsor, looked like the one my intro message linked to was disabled.

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also, my current favorite sticks are smooth and creamy/mellow in the morning (lately I've been enjoying the value of Alec Bradley Connecticut robustos in the AM on my walk to work) and medium-full throughout the evening. My other value smoke of late is a Macanudo Inspirado Orange and I like pretty much anything Caldwell, Ashton, or Davidoff. I like panatelas, diademas, and salomons, most of all. These are my current faves.
partagas serie d no 4
ashton symmetry
davidoff late hour
davidoff aniversario
god of fire aniversario
alec bradley tempus
rocky patel vintage 2003 cameroon
caldwell la barba red
olivia serie v melanio figurado
archetype axis mundi

Recently also exploring the other Davidoff lines, like Avo, Zino, and Griffin. A few smokes I've been saving in the humidor for the right time, other than boxes of most of the above are:
Opus X
Don Carlos Aniversario
Alec Bradley Fine & Rare
Anejo
Caldwell Anastasia
Cohiba brought back from Cuba (would prefer a Partagas or Bolivar, but it was a freebie)
Davidoff - everything. Nicaragua Diadema.
Ashton ESG
A few of the major Padróns and the aforementioned Avos, Zinos, and Griffins.

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also looking to acquire an Opus X 20 Years God's Whisper and a Don Carlos Eye of the Shark. Pretty much every Opus except Lost City, since I already have that one. And a bunch of God of Fire varieties, haven't tried the B yet. Davidoff Churchills. etc

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh and I also have a seller's account with Prestige Imports and can arrange trades/sales on most cigar accessories

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome from San Diego.

You’ll find that the BOTL is a welcoming community of cigar buffs much like yourself and where the B comes before the L, in a sense. Your noob trade forum will be in the “Cigars” section I believe, but there’s a 30/30 rule (30 days, 30 posts) before you’re eligible.

Once that opens up, you will have access to the trade side of things. You just missed out on a God’s Whisper box split. There is a marketplace for trades, ISO, and F/S, but it’s not a marketplace in the sense of, “let me buy these Wunderlusts for $9 and sell them for $13”, we try and take care of each other around here.

Anyhow, welcome, settle in, and have a smoke, meet the crew, and you’ll find it’s a nice place to be.