What's new

Intro

H

hellbub

Hello,
My name is Bob. I've been checking out cigar forums for a little over a year now. Belong to one other. Have belonged to a couple others. Took my name off of those. Haven't gotten involved with any of them. Primarily searching out info on cigars (habanos) and something else generally not openly discussed. I'll try to respect that here.
This forum has a different "feel" to it. Because of that, I'm compelled to do a formal intro, something I've not done before.
I love habanos! Been smoking them for seven years now. Prefer aged, larger format cigars. Don't smoke very many (twenty a year) so when I do, I make time, and look forward to at the least a very good experience. I've learned that knowing what I like and proper storage will give me the best opportunity for the consistency I strive for. I've smoke non-cubans for about thirteen years prior to my intro to habanos, and what I rarely came across besides great flavors, was consistency. I was immediatly hooked when I lit up a Punch DC. Never looked back. My favorites nowadays are RAG and PART LUSI's. Have VR DA's, PUNCH DC's, HOYO DC's, and RYJ CH's. Have enjoyed them all. Don't have much interest in pursuing the Cohiba or Montecristo DC's. Do hope to run across one other brand. Have recently purchased a few boxes of robustos for those situations I don't have 2-2 1/2hrs to devote to a DC or churchills. RASS, SD4, VRFAM. Awfully new. I won't be touching them for a few years.
My interests these days are my family, married fifteen years w/three children, youngest has DS (his presence makes us a better family). Am madly in love with my wife and hopelessly devoted, the Chanku Luta, and cuban cigars. I used to scuba dive (PADI instructor) and golf when I was single and could afford it. I dream of a trip to Grand Cayman and diving the "wall" with my children someday and once again hiking the Grand Canyon.
I'm an ex-drunk for twenty plus years now. Probably wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't stopped. Few regrets about it, but glad it's behind me.
Served in peace time military late seventies-early eightys. Wild times.
We live on a meager fixed income, therefore I only allow myself one indulgence (and my wife would say it's one too many) and that is my prize cigars.
I suppose I've said enough for now. Thanks for this fine forum.

Favorite quotes:
Either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. --- George Patton
Don't drink and go to meetings --- anonymous
Mitakuye Oyasin --- all my relatives
Later, hellbub

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Glad to have you here! Those will be some finely aged cigars when you get around to them. I wish I could hold off to a box a year.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice intro - Great to have you with us. Feel free to jump right into any of the forums. Very nice group of guys here!!

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
WOW!! ADD in full affect!!! not used to such detail reading on this board! Nice intro and welcome. For my sake, paraphrasing is always a good thing!!!:thumbsup:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Welcome! Hope to "see" you on the board. I'm relatively new here myself and have found this to be an excellent site! Great bunch, I'm sure you'll fit in well.