What's new

Introduction - Mark from Keller, Texas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My name is Mark, and I live in Keller, Texas ( suburb of Fort Worth ). I am a regular participant on ICG, and jwintosh recommended that I give this forum a try.

Briefly, I had never smoked anything ( really! ) before my son got me to try a cigar around Christmas of 1997, so I have been smoking cigars now for almost 10 years. My first cigar was a Don Diego from a 5 pack that I got in a special offer from Thompson Cigars. I had no idea how to inhale without inhaling, if you know what I mean, so I believe I took in some smoke. About 20 minutes after finishing the cigar, I suddenly felt sick as a dog and ended up tossing dinner. It is amazing that I decided to smoke another, but I did, and I started looking into every web-site I could find to learn all the basics of cigars and cigar smoking. I found ICG, and the members there were incredibly friendly, generous and knowledgeable. I feel that I owe a lot of the knowledge I have to the great people that are, and have been, participants there.

Anyway, I am 47 years old, a computer programmer, a huge sports fan - love the Texas Longorns, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks and keep track of a number of other sports. I love having the top down on the car, so I have driven convertibles now since 1986. My current one is a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible. I love to say that, "Life is better with the top down, and that applies to women also!" I also have two motorcycles, a 2005 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado and a 2005 American IronHorse Legend. I ride my Yamaha a lot - 23K miles in just over 2 years - as I ride it to / from work pretty much whenever it isn't raining.

I am one of those cigar smokers who jumps around a lot. I never smoke the same thing twice in a row, and rarely within a 10 cigar set. I like variety in my smokes. My favorite non-ISOM lines are Oliva, La Gloria Cubana, Padron, Arturo Fuente, Puros Indios, Camacho and La Flor Dominicana, with Oliva being my absolute favorite. My favorite ISOMs are: Bolivar Royal Corona, Vegas Robaina Famosos, Partagas 898V, R&J Cazadores, Cohiba Robustos, Bolivar Coronas Juniors, Ramon Allones 898, H Upmann #2, Sancho Panza Molinos.

I guess that will do it for now. I look forward to seeing what this board is all about.

Mark Turner