What's new

introduction

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello everyone!!

I am new to the world of cigars as well as the world of forums, so If I screw up I apologize.With that said I was recently was given a nice collection of cigars, humidors, cutters, lighter and cigar books.

However I am 26 and I have never smoked a cigar before. I have tried cigarettes before and they were not for me. I was thinking of trying one of the cigars from the collection but after reading about the aging processes I began to wonder witch I should choose.

I would like to continue collecting cigars since the collection I was given is so nice but if I smoke one and decied that it is not for me then what is the point?
So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!!

I have been reading a lot about cigars and I can see that there is so much to know. A few things that I would like to know is how do I tell what stage my cigars are in the aging process? How do I tell where a cigar was made? And I guess most importantly what are they worth?

If anyone has any tips for me I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Caleb

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
:welcome: Caleb. Make yourself at home and check out those stickies on top of most threads for good information.

Some boxes with have a box code that tells you the date. Otherwise have to go by when the box was bought. Why worry about worth? Most here smoke. I say smoke one bro.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
:welcome:

why bother worrying about that yet? pick a pretty one, clip the end, and spark that bad boy. Decide if you like it then. More than likely you have some Non Cuban cigars, so the tobacco is already aged. Go for it and let us know how ya like it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
:welcome:

why bother worrying about that yet? pick a pretty one, clip the end, and spark that bad boy. Decide if you like it then. More than likely you have some Non Cuban cigars, so the tobacco is already aged. Go for it and let us know how ya like it.
I'm with Randy, light up what ya have!

Welcome to BOTL!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Welcome!

And I agree, do a bit of reading and then light one up. If you don't enjoy the first one, keep trying...you probably have a wide variety of cigars with a wide variety of flavor/strength profiles.

And if you're curous as to what you have, you could always post up PICTURES and we can help identify them (to some degree, at least).

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Caleb,
When I started smoking cigars, I was overwhelmed with the different nuances and the number of different cigars available. I kept notes on each cigar and also kept the cigar band with the notes for a quick ID (many cigar smokers have done and continue to do this). A nice template for just such a thing can be found at...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/cig101_5cac.asp

Have fun and welcome!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Glad to have you here. More than you likely you have some non-cuban cigars. Usually the manufacturers have already aged the tobacco before rolling and sometimes aged it afterwards. Pick one and light it up.