What's new

Introduction

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Brothers,

I'm a recent recruit into the world of cigars. Been occasionally smoking one on New Year's Eve with the boys or at bachelor party's, but always someone else's and with no idea what I was partaking in. About mid February, a received a few Camacho Connecticut's, and asked my buddy what to do with them. He gave me some great tips and some recommendations for other things to try. Since then, I have been hopping over to my local B&M every few days to check out the selection and try something new. I'm hooked. I like to spend my time on my back porch reading and sipping bourbon, but now with a cigar - I think my nights are much improved.

My first cigar that actually blew me away was a Deadwood Fat Bottom Betty, and I started researching what to try. I've found that I enjoy Maduro quite a lot, and not so much a fan of the lighter shades I've tried, but I haven't given up. Currently hooked on Undercrown Shade. Built myself a tupperdor with a Boveda, and haven't been able to hold more than a couple in there as I'm blowing through them almost as fast as I buy them.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and learning as much as I can so that I can hopefully spread the love to some people I care about.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome to the obsession. Sounds like you're starting out like so many of us, trying a wide range of cigars but it won't be long before you settle in on what you like. You'll probably gravitate toward the strongest maduros you can find for a while then your palate will change to where you enjoy the more nuanced flavor profiles.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Georgia!
I recommend trying everything regardless of brand, band graphics, name, or wrapper color. You'll be surprised at what you find.
Welcome to the obsession. Sounds like you're starting out like so many of us, trying a wide range of cigars but it won't be long before you settle in on what you like. You'll probably gravitate toward the strongest maduros you can find for a while then your palate will change to where you enjoy the more nuanced flavor profiles.
That is my goal, as I don’t want to get pigeonholed and miss out on something! My first time i got the nicotine sickness was with an Undercrown Madur. Horrible experience, but I picked myself up a couple of days later. Looking forward to trying that one again.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That is my goal, as I don’t want to get pigeonholed and miss out on something! My first time i got the nicotine sickness was with an Undercrown Madur. Horrible experience, but I picked myself up a couple of days later. Looking forward to trying that one again.
It's good to keep a coca cola or some soda around, just for that reason. The minute you start feeling woozy, drink some soda. The sugar and bubbles will help you feel better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy from Texas! Like others have said, try any and every cigar under the sun! Strong brand recommendations include: Tatuaje, Curivari, Illusione, and Fuente.
Howdy fellow Texan! I appreciate the brand recommendations, and I will make sure to check my B&M next time I'm in for the Tatuaje, Curivari, and Illusione. I have tried 1 Fuente so far, but wasn't a fan. It was one of my first few, so maybe my taste wasn't quite ready for it, so I'll definitely be trying them again.