What's new

iPad help

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Ok I have a question to run by everyone. I have my HDTV , and I wanted to watch a movie from my iPad on it so I bought the connector to connect the HDMI cable and TV but the audio is not synced correctly. The audio comes just before it should. Do you guys know if there is any setting I can adjust to correct this.

Thanks.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My only experience was not with an iPad, but with my Xbox. There was a delay in both audio, and visual response to commands from the controller. I found out I had to change a setting on my TV to "Game Mode" which removed the delay. You might have such a setting.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I have a question to run by everyone. I have my HDTV , and I wanted to watch a movie from my iPad on it so I bought the connector to connect the HDMI cable and TV but the audio is not synced correctly. The audio comes just before it should. Do you guys know if there is any setting I can adjust to correct this.

Thanks.
Have not used the HDMI cable, but I would recommend an AppleTV if you are already in the apple ecosystem. Works great and is wireless. You can probably pick up a used one cheap.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0

Thanks.
Have not used the HDMI cable, but I would recommend an AppleTV if you are already in the apple ecosystem. Works great and is wireless. You can probably pick up a used one cheap.
I already have a Roku so most likely won't pick up an Apple TV. Or do you guys know if I can wirelessly stream iPad to Roku

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Switch your tv over to game mode. Do a hard restart push and hold power and home button together.

You can also try closing all apps but the one you have. Hopefully this helps.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I am not sure if this applies to you but I know whenever I had sync issues hooking a device up via HDMI to my TV the problem was the audio input type wasn't right on the TV and after going through the input options I usually found the right one.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0

Thanks.
^^ Apple TV is the only way to make it work...

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Thanks.
^^ Apple TV is the only way to make it work...
I've used HMDI with Ipad on TV/Projector and it's worked fine.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
whenever I had sync issues hooking a device up via HDMI to my TV the problem was the audio input type wasn't right on the TV and after going through the input options I usually found the right one.
^ this ^

I didnt have any issues when I hooked up my laptop to the TV.. but had a problem when I connected my tablet (started displaying subtitles.. and had a slight audio delay).. both were fixed in the TV settings..

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry dude, Apple TV is your only solution. You can't directly connect an iDevice to a TV via a cable and have it work.

But you have just learned that.
Hmm you're not correct. I used my iPad hooked up to my tv via the hdmi adapter to watch Sunday ticket all year. Worked for me. Try game mode on the tv as stated above or if it's a newer tv, some will have a voice delay option.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I have Apple TV and I am watching the Golf Channel Pro AM coverage Pebble Beach Right now...With my iPad...........Ditched the Dish last year....30 HD channels with a plain ole antennae I paid $35.00 for from Home Depot.
Apple TV gets us everything else we want.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have Apple TV and I am watching the Golf Channel Pro AM coverage Pebble Beach Right now...With my iPad...........Ditched the Dish last year....30 HD channels with a plain ole antennae I paid $35.00 for from Home Depot.
Apple TV gets us everything else we want.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. We had Dish and after the new customer price went away it was close to $100 a month. So went all streaming and over the air. Way cheaper and have plenty to watch.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Sorry dude, Apple TV is your only solution. You can't directly connect an iDevice to a TV via a cable and have it work.

But you have just learned that.
Hmm you're not correct. I used my iPad hooked up to my tv via the hdmi adapter to watch Sunday ticket all year. Worked for me. Try game mode on the tv as stated above or if it's a newer tv, some will have a voice delay option.
Think I said that already :)