What's new

Ipad In-dash

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

DO WANT

just to clarrify: I'd like an Ipad mounted on my dash, not 5" subs in my door (sarcasm) or shitty carbon fiber wrap in the interior.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
But that "carbon fiber" wrap is so pimp and I bet you get some killer rattle in the door with those speakers!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
It wouldn't be hard at all to do. Looks like I could do it in my truck for about $30. Wouldn't be bad as far as the itunes integration or paying a movie, but I don't see much use for it.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hah, it's slick. I've always been a fan of 'carputers' and the likes. I just feel the iPad needs to come a few more stages forwards before I'd custom build a dash around it.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
It's actually been real handy so far. K plays on it while riding, much more than her netbook. This weekend will be the real test to see how she does on the major road trip. I'm hoping the iPad helps a lot! Loading it with movies now.

I have looked at some of the various headrest mounts, and might get one of those. Problem is, nobody really rides in the back seat...

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Okay, I take back what I said before. I want one in dash, stat. We drove 11 hours last night, and Karen had her iPad playing the entire time. She found a way to open the glove box and prop it up in there, and we had movies going for most of the drive. Hooked the headphone jack into the radio. The battery was at 56% after at least 9 hours of videos. I'm seriously impressed, and it kept her very happy for the drive.

Need ++

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Excellent point, I've had my windows smashed for iPods and a sat radio. An iPad would be like have a laser light show on top of my truck saying "steal me"

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Excellent point, I've had my windows smashed for iPods and a sat radio. An iPad would be like have a laser light show on top of my truck saying "steal me"
Time for better windows! Also, I remove my high dollar electronics from plain sight before I get out of my car. I also have dark tint that hinders viewing what I may or may not have inside.