What's new

Ipcpr 2014

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Thought I would start a thread for next week's IPCPR trade show. I'll try to post pictures and info as I can.

Looking at what the different companies are doing it seems more of the same this year, just about everyone has a new cigar or line extension coming out as well as several new brands entering the market. From what I have seen the big ring gauge trend is continuing on with most cigars in the 50-60 range. So to me the theme in the cigar industry is Big Cigars and New Lines for 2014.

I am just wondering what every one thinks about what they have read or heard that is coming up.

Is there a place for all these private label cigars made in other factories and that are considered new "brands" and can they last?
Has it reached the saturation point?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It seemed like last year there was a lot of hype on a lot of new cigars. This year, there isn't that much that seems to be making large blips on the radar. I agree on the big ring gauge cigars, they are here and for the most part it looks like they are going to be around a while, not my cup of tea but they sell, and as the rings continue to grow, a 60 no longer seems to be the monster it once was. Christian Eiroa once said that the reason they came out with an 80 ring was to make the 70 ring look more normal.
I will also be attending the IPCPR craig mac, hopefully I'll run into you

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Viva Republica Propaganda, I'm looking forward to trying the 4x54 and I shall have an eye on the Viaje booth too because I'm a sucker and they taste good.

The big ring gauge thing I just do not get, nearly every stick I smoke over a 54 gauge I get burn or draw issues and the flavours are nowhere near as intense as a corona or lance. Plus, with the British government seeing fit to stop me smoking inside, I have to sit outside in the (inevitable) rain for two hours smoking the damn thing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
RoMa CRAFT 2014
Emilio (all good)
Reinado GER EC
Cordoba & Morales Clave Cubana Etiqueta Blanca
Cubanacan HR
Roberto Duran Cigars

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
What Im looking forward to:

Padrons 50th Anni cigar
New Crowned Heads stuff (Even though they release things every week lately lol)
La Palina Black
New Ashton line
Satin Glove from L’ATELIER ( Mexican san-andreas yummmmm)
Reinado Ecuador line

And most of all MY FATHER CONNECTICUT. :drool::drool: If its half as good as the Le Bijou connie I'm buying 100 boxes

And screw this big RG trend. Can not wait till the day the fad ends. Probably be dead by then lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The box pressed sindicato is very good, I'm not sure if it's considered that new but it's an impressive stick.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really stoked for a lot of stuff.

Cubanacan HR
Padron 50th
LFD 20th
New Davidoff Nica size
Nat Sherman Epoca
Herrera Esteli Norteno (samples I had in December were incredible)

There are quite a few more, but my brain is shot right now.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm excited for everyone to get their hands on the new stuff from Warped. I've smoked all of the blends and they are truly special sticks. La Colmena and Flor Del Valle are incredible.

MJM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to hear about the padron 50th. Not so excited to hear how much it's going to hurt my pocket.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Norteño is one of the big ones I'm excited about. Love that a lot of it is new vitolas, especially some of the smaller sizes.