What's new

IPCPR 2016 Herf at La Casa Cigars & Lounge

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Well it looks like I won't make it. The people I am with do not want to drive out that far and a cab/uber ride there and back solo will be too expensive. Have fun guys.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Thanks again to Marvin for another fun event!

Had some great conversations, and I have A little story from it:

I mention to Marvin that I didn't have a chance to check out the store's humidor before coming into the VIP room, and like true cigar nerds, we both jump up and head out for a look.

Marvin introduces me to the shop manager, Alex, and we start talking about his cigar experiences. He is a former pro basketball player from Serbia (he's like 6'6") and ran two LCDH in Serbia and Montenegro. He competes in the Cigar Sommelier competitions at Habanosfest. He knows everything about CCs.

Into the humidor walks Steve Saka. We had done a 25 minute interview with Steve that morning for Cigar & Spirits, so I introduce them and tell Saka that Alex knows CCs very well but is only now starting to learn NCs.

Then I sit back and listen to them talk for 15 minutes about blending, the differences between the European and American palates, etc. etc. etc. It was the kind of moment you just don't get to have apart from IPCPR. And there were several others like this. It was a great show.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Into the humidor walks Steve Saka. We had done a 25 minute interview with Steve that morning for Cigar & Spirits, so I introduce them and tell Saka that Alex knows CCs very well but is only now starting to learn NCs.

Then I sit back and listen to them talk for 15 minutes about blending, the differences between the European and American palates, etc. etc. etc. It was the kind of moment you just don't get to have apart from IPCPR. And there were several others like this. It was a great show.
That's one of my favorite things about IPCPR...the random conversations you witness and take part in.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks again to Marvin for another fun event!

Had some great conversations, and I have A little story from it:

I mention to Marvin that I didn't have a chance to check out the store's humidor before coming into the VIP room, and like true cigar nerds, we both jump up and head out for a look.

Marvin introduces me to the shop manager, Alex, and we start talking about his cigar experiences. He is a former pro basketball player from Serbia (he's like 6'6") and ran two LCDH in Serbia and Montenegro. He competes in the Cigar Sommelier competitions at Habanosfest. He knows everything about CCs.

We ended up talking with Saka until about 2am. We were the last to leave the place.
It was also cool hanging with a few other brand owners - George Rico (Gran Habano), Andre Farkas (Viaje), Eduardo de Lara (Edolara), Tim Wong (Pier 28).