What's new

iPhone help

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I know there are some Apple guru among us...
My wife dropped her iPhone 5, screen is shattered to the point you can't make out any image and it doesn't recognize any touch. She's never synced it to her current laptop, and never had iTunes installed. Now, trying to get images from her camera I'm about ready to do a few mag dumps on the Damn thing, as well as anything else Apple related I can get my hands on. Of course, every piece of software I've tried to install, including iTunes, wants you to confirm something or other on the phone to authorize use on the computer. There's the kicker - you CAN'T authorize anything on the phone as it won't recognize any touch!
There HAS to be a way to connect and bypass the Apple security bullshit. Any of you have any experience?

And, to save the trouble, here's what I already know:
*Hindsight doesn't help here - I don't need to hear it.
*The idjits at the Apple store are a waste of skin - No need to bring it there
*I know I can buy/replace the screen in order to fix the "authorization" problem, but that's $70+ I'd rather not spend if it isn't absolutely necessary. If I have to, I will, to recover pictures & video of our babies. But it's a last resort.

I appreciate any further insight!
Thanks much,
Clint

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Do a hard reset. Hold down home button and power button at same time to see if it will reset and allow it to recognize touch. Hold them down til you see the apple logo then release

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Do a hard reset. Hold down home button and power button at same time to see if it will reset and allow it to recognize touch. Hold them down til you see the apple logo then release
That was a great idea, and I was able to do the reset. But it just reinforced the fact that there really is no touch responsiveness.
Good thought, though!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I think if you connect with USB cable you can still take photos off with the computer. Not sure it's been a long time since I've done a wired connection.

Brazos Hunter

The man, the myth, the legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Another thing would be to take the Sim card out of the new phone, put it in the broke one, get siri going and download to a computer. Then reinstall the sim card in the new phone and xfer data to the new phone?.? Just a thought

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Here is a bypass that I use...
Plug it into your computer, Look up the phone once it connects to the computer(you will need to go into your computer settings to show hidden files)
Once you do that you will be able to see the folders that are sitting on the phone, you will need to go through each folder and take the information that you need.
I have had to do this before, and if I am not mistaken it was done once without the phone ever been tapped into a computer or authorized.
If you do need more help you can PM me.
JM

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here is a bypass that I use...
Plug it into your computer, Look up the phone once it connects to the computer(you will need to go into your computer settings to show hidden files)
Once you do that you will be able to see the folders that are sitting on the phone, you will need to go through each folder and take the information that you need.
I have had to do this before, and if I am not mistaken it was done once without the phone ever been tapped into a computer or authorized.
If you do need more help you can PM me.
JM
This will work. You need to make sure you show hidden files or you won't see anything.