What's new

iPhone help

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
My suggestion would be to take it to an apple store and see if there's anything they can do. Not sure if they can.
"Apple store... Idjits... Waste of skin..."
Most provider employees have a manual of canned responses and no actual knowledge or technical aptitude. Strictly salespeople. Even most of the "tech" associates fall in to this camp.
Kind of sad.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
"Apple store... Idjits... Waste of skin..."
Most provider employees have a manual of canned responses and no actual knowledge or technical aptitude. Strictly salespeople. Even most of the "tech" associates fall in to this camp.
Kind of sad.
Actually, I've always been really impressed with the Apple Store guys. Maybe not the sales guys at the front, but the Guinness Bar guys go through some pretty extensive Apple training. I have a couple buddies that used to work at an Apple Store, and even their knowledge of the products blew me away. Sorry for your luck man.. have you trolled on some of the forums?

http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-recover-data-from-my-broken-iPhone-5

http://www.wondershare.com/broken-phone/recover-data-from-broken-iphone.html

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6401806?tstart=0

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Your last resort is your only option for recovering the data. Security exists for a reason. And thanks for calling me a waste of skin.
Sorry for the generalization, Ryan. I know better than that and I let my frustration get the better of me. Every tech employee I'VE ever dealt with I ended up teaching them things about my device. (phone/camera/computer/etc) I know that some people actually have passion for their jobs and do try to stay ahead of the curve. I've just never had the pleasure of dealing with one.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Sorry for the generalization, Ryan. I know better than that and I let my frustration get the better of me. Every tech employee I'VE ever dealt with I ended up teaching them things about my device. (phone/camera/computer/etc) I know that some people actually have passion for their jobs and do try to stay ahead of the curve. I've just never had the pleasure of dealing with one.

Gracias. I understand how frustrating it is to not have access to your memories. Hopefully you'll be able to sort it out. In the long run, $70 to fix it is totally worth it.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Gracias. I understand how frustrating it is to not have access to your memories. Hopefully you'll be able to sort it out. In the long run, $70 to fix it is totally worth it.
I just get even more frustrated with the level of control most users accept from Apple with no real knowledge of what they're getting in to. I understand it's a great fit for a lot of people, and many really enjoy the experience. But there are also so many that are Apple users because it was "cool", then don't ever want to voice their opinions/frustrations because they'll be going against the grain and looked down upon by all the other "cool" kids. That's a problem I DON'T have!

The more I think about it, the more I think the screen repair is a good idea, as I'll likely be able to recoup most of that $70 in a higher resale value of the unit.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to using the thing as a target at the range, though!