What's new

iPhone users - MobileStogie vs. iCigar

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Is there a mod on MobilStogie where you can take a picture of the band after you smoke it and file it away as well?

Thought it would be cool to have a dossier as well with it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ken - search would be awesome - adding auto complete search ( start typing and it starts searching google style ) to all the input fields would be fantastic. Also, I sadly won't be dealing with cuban cigars ever, so having that separation at the top lvl is just adding a click to anything I do, wish I could just remove it. Anyway, great little app, thanks!
the search will be similar to what you describe, but only searching main data elements like name and brand.

As for the cigar listing, it won't add a new level, just new sort and headers in the cigar list. I'd like to do the same for non-cubans, but it's tough to get authoritative data about current vs. discontinued for them.

Lastly, I'm looking at adding a preference setting to hide Cuban/Non-Cuban lists depending on what the user wants (many European users don't want the NC data).

Thanks for the feedback!

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm looking at adding a preference setting to hide Cuban/Non-Cuban lists depending on what the user wants (many European users don't want the NC data).
Actually being able to set your 'inventory home page' pref would be best for me - I generally start in my larger humidor maybe 90% of the time, my small one is for those cigars that need a bit more humidification due to thick wrappers, etc. So having 'my cigars' start at that page would be sweet.

As far as preferences go default values in the add cigar would be nice too - I generally add just one cigar on the day I buy it (usually buy 5 or so each trip to the B&M), having to click through 3 clicks to set the quantity to 1 then 3 more clicks to set the buy date to today is 'fiddly'.

Anyway, I'll go to your home page and send all these 'requests' via your normal channels, just saw this thread and wanted to give a thumbs up as yours is one of only about 3 iphone apps I actually use every day. :D

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there a mod on MobilStogie where you can take a picture of the band after you smoke it and file it away as well?

Thought it would be cool to have a dossier as well with it!
While we are dreaming - the ability to post your tasting notes, rating and pics to a blog with one click would be sweet.... hehehe. More work than it would be worth probably, but hey, ideas are free and easy.

the puff.com iPhone app does ratings and notes though, that is what I'm using for that functionality - I would rather mobilestogie just refine what it does now than have it become the 'everything' cigar app.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
What about my idea Ken?

Ha...

While we are dreaming - the ability to post your tasting notes, rating and pics to a blog with one click would be sweet.... hehehe. More work than it would be worth probably, but hey, ideas are free and easy.
Blog seems like a lot, but a one picture per stick, plus tasting notes... nice!

Ducati

Monster.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use MobileStogie and like it. Would like an import feature (maybe export as XML, reimport) to allow me to edit in a text editor. Some reporting functionality would be nice (like trends against which brands/sizes/wrappers one prefers), etc.

Very good app. Would be cool to include pictures too.

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use MobileStogie and like it. Would like an import feature (maybe export as XML, reimport) to allow me to edit in a text editor. Some reporting functionality would be nice (like trends against which brands/sizes/wrappers one prefers), etc.

Very good app. Would be cool to include pictures too.
+1 to all these suggestions. I would love to know smoking and buying history as my memory isn't what.... hmn, what was I saying?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about my idea Ken?

Ha...

Blog seems like a lot, but a one picture per stick, plus tasting notes... nice!
I do plan to add a 'smoking notes' section to Mobile Stogie, but I keep putting that off as I refine the current capability. I will get to it pretty soon (I hope), and will try to include the photo capability, as well as (at a minimum) the ability to email the smoking notes.

Any detailed suggestions for the design of the smoking notes section would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for MobileStogie...

I had found a bug (in a beta version as I am an iPhone dev too) and told KenS about it... he was very responsive!

A feature I would love would be to mark cigars by User Entered categories.... e.g. Herf/Save/Share/Blech/etc..

So I could easily see what is marked for sharing and which humi it is in... I have enough that I hate opening each on to find a particular stick

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
come to think of it - did apple add the spotlight/smartfolders api to the iphone, cause that would really be how I would like to organized my cigars if I could, ie, slice and dice based on multiple search criterion driven smart folders. On my desktop machine I live and die by smartfolders now, completely indispensable once you start using them.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I do plan to add a 'smoking notes' section to Mobile Stogie, but I keep putting that off as I refine the current capability. I will get to it pretty soon (I hope), and will try to include the photo capability, as well as (at a minimum) the ability to email the smoking notes.

Any detailed suggestions for the design of the smoking notes section would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
It would be cool to see something like this, but organized:

(1.) Name of Cigar
(2.) Wrapper / Binder /Filler
(3.) Size / Vitola
(4.) Date
(5.) Time
(6.) Price
(7.) Drink
(8.) Last Meal (i.e. last thing you ate)
(9.) Area for tasting notes (multiple lines of input) maybe even broken into 1st third, 2nd third, 3rd third, but that would be up to you.
(10.) RATINGS (yours or link it so people can only see your ratings, not the whole notes... so just scores to keep it simple and your info private.)

There is a ton more info to include, but that would be a SOLID start and like I said... room for one picture, which I would use for the band.

Hope that helps.

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Check out the puff.com iPhone app for my input to how the rating thing should work, it needs to at least meet or beat that (including online collection/aggregation of everyone's ratings).

Access to those reviews and ratings while at the B&M is priceless...