What's new

Ireland Trip

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
@Cigary43, nice to hear. I'm a fan of rugby myself.
I played for 3 years in college, and the rugby house was my first off-campus living arrangement.
Playing rugby = great choice, great times!
Living in that house = ummmm, great times, but not my greatest choice. I think I got a 0.9 gpa the first semester I lived there.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've heard nothing but great stuff about Ireland, I hope someday I'll be lucky enough to be able to visit...as unlikely as that seems now. Thanks for sharing some pictures of your trip, glad you had such a safe and wonderful trip :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Cigary43, nice to hear. I'm a fan of rugby myself.
I played for 3 years in college, and the rugby house was my first off-campus living arrangement.
Playing rugby = great choice, great times!
Living in that house = ummmm, great times, but not my greatest choice. I think I got a 0.9 gpa the first semester I lived there.
You were a nuclear scientist compared to me...my GPA was negative 0.9.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
That's usually the point...
If you want to be very pleased, go see the nice Russian lady at James Fox Tobacconist.

If you want to be heartbroken, go down to the cigar basement at Petersen's House of Mold (and pipes).

The other place is called A Decent Cigar Emporium and the cigars are not humidified but they have an ok selection and prices are better than the other place. For my money, it's Fox all the way though.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard nothing but great stuff about Ireland, I hope someday I'll be lucky enough to be able to visit...as unlikely as that seems now. Thanks for sharing some pictures of your trip, glad you had such a safe and wonderful trip :)
There are a couple of websites that are offering vacations to Ireland....7 nights in 4 different areas with a rental car and hotels including A/F for around $1000 p/p...really good deals and next time I see one I'll post it up. We almost did this last year but already had a Transatlantic cruise scheduled for the same time.....17 nighter that started in Venice..went around the Mediterranean with stops in Naples, Sicily, Toulon, Barcelona, Madeira/Portugal and then back to Ft. Lauderdale...in a balcony cabin for $3500 total including taxes on Princess...A/F was free with points.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Ireland 4 years back. Loved it! Great country, great people. Ill be in Scotland next Wednesday. Really looking forward to that. I have found a few shops to drop by for some smokes, but looks like ill be forced to do most my smoking outside in the cold.

BMack

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There are a couple of websites that are offering vacations to Ireland....7 nights in 4 different areas with a rental car and hotels including A/F for around $1000 p/p...really good deals and next time I see one I'll post it up. We almost did this last year but already had a Transatlantic cruise scheduled for the same time.....17 nighter that started in Venice..went around the Mediterranean with stops in Naples, Sicily, Toulon, Barcelona, Madeira/Portugal and then back to Ft. Lauderdale...in a balcony cabin for $3500 total including taxes on Princess...A/F was free with points.
As awesome as that is, even if I had the money I can't leave town for very more than a day as I take care of my disabled mother. Hope you post it anyway to help those that could take advantage of it.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Went to Ireland 4 years back. Loved it! Great country, great people. Ill be in Scotland next Wednesday. Really looking forward to that. I have found a few shops to drop by for some smokes, but looks like ill be forced to do most my smoking outside in the cold.
I'm not far off the Scottish border and I've had to sit and listen to news presenter tell me Britain is to see record temperatures today....clearly no one told the north.

Are you going to be in Edinburgh at any point?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BenvolioMustDie Yeah, Ill be in Edinburgh the first 3 days. And when you say record temps, do you mean lows or highs? haha im hoping for a few not so cold days while im there.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As awesome as that is, even if I had the money I can't leave town for very more than a day as I take care of my disabled mother. Hope you post it anyway to help those that could take advantage of it.
For sure....God Bless you for doing that for your Mom...your reward for being so unselfish will give back to you more than you even know.

BMack

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For sure....God Bless you for doing that for your Mom...your reward for being so unselfish will give back to you more than you even know.
It's just a matter of life, parents take care of you when you're young and the children take care of the parents when they get older. Thanks for the kind words my friend. :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's just a matter of life, parents take care of you when you're young and the children take care of the parents when they get older. Thanks for the kind words my friend. :)
It should be a matter of life but too many siblings turf their Parents to an assisted living place which if you've ever visited them is so sad to see these people being warehoused and hardly ever seeing their kids because they get too busy with life to just go over and visit. I use to go to several Assisted Living places just to visit with them...strangers who later told me they depended on me to come back and talk to them. They are so lonely...that even a strangers voice and visit cheered them up so much that I felt like a celebrity when I walked into their lunch room....they'd wave me over and you immediately would see their faces light up. PLease...if any of you brothers want to see what kind of impact you can have on older peoples lives...go visit them and see for yourself. You'd be treated like gold and you give them something that they are desperate for....hope and feeling like they matter.

My hats off to you Bmack....you're a good son.