What's new

Irish car bomb

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I decided to, this time, post a recipe to one of the cocktails I enjoy. I know it's not a piña colada, but trust me; ye'll love it.

-----------------------------------------------------

1/2 pint Guinness
1 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Bailey's on top of Jameson in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness.

This one ye'll have to drink a tad quick, or the Bailey's will curdle.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I decided to, this time, post a recipe to one of the cocktails I enjoy. I know it's not a piña colada, but trust me; ye'll love it.

1/2 pint Guinness
1 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Bailey's on top of Jameson in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness.

This one ye'll have to drink a tad quick, or the Bailey's will curdle.
And my advice would be to never, never, ever ask for one of these while on a trip to Boston...

Good chance someone will punch you in the head.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is a great party drink. You gotta chug it fast to get the right flavor. I remember (just barely) many a night in college drinking Irish Car bombs. They will get you ripped quick and if you aren't careful the next morning your head might feel like a car bomb went off inside it. :bottle:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah, a buddy of mine decided to order one of these in Ireland.
They got offended, but had a drink on the menu called a 9/11.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Isn't Baileys made of Jamesons and cream?
Don't know, but I'm not sure whether the details of Irish whiskey are really known/understood outside a predominantly Irish community (like Boston/NY).

I'm sure MadAl and all the rest of the Massholes on this board know this, but Jameson is Catholic whiskey. Bushmills is Protestant whiskey. If you just order "Irish whiskey" in Boston, you will (almost) always get Jameson.

At the risk of stating the obvious, asking for a "car bomb" made with "Catholic whiskey" in a Catholic community is not the smartest thing you can do. Again, I've seen some tourists that thought they were being "local" by ordering an Irish Car Bomb have their nights ruined by some of our less welcoming residents...