What's new

is a swimmer an athlete

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sorry man swimmers are athletes i used to swim competitvely when i was a kid and throughout High School i think the training is more intense don't listen to your wife your allowed to have your opinions LOL !:peace:

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
we know damn well they train harder than a frickn' baseball player. No offense to baseball I love the sport but either you can hit a 96mph fastball and a slider/curveball or you suck!
okay lets get our facts straight, baseball players are some of the strongest well conditioned atheletes out there, my team alone trains harder than any other sport in my whole district. Sprints for 2 hours, let alone bleachers. after thats done we lift, every day in the off season, and 2 times a week during season. professional baseball is a whole different level, meaning harder!6 hour practices and conditioning takes up much of that time.i will be damned if any major league baseball player can squat any less that 400 lbs. for you st. louis fans I train with Skip Schumaker and that guy is a beast! he squats 425 twelve times like its childs play. dont try and tell me baseball players dont train.

but swimmers are absolute beasts and world class atheletes, there is nothing more too it.. who arent atheletes? motocross racers. its hard and phisical but c'mon there being pulled along by a freaking motor

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Swimmers are definitely athletes. My wife is a swimmer and when she was younger she held records in her division. She recently started getting back in to it and training and when she gets home she's definitely beat up. Don't get me wrong the physical dangers aren't as apparent but they do exist. Its just not as simple as a punch in the face.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yea i think its a sport. i work at a pool/cabana bar so we have life guards on staff that are high school swimmers and those guys and girls are jacked