What's new

Is it just me ..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sidebar: Regretfully I think a lot of these smaller brand owners that are experiencing current success are going to be in for quite a shock. There is nothing worse imo than being "hot", the flavor of the day, trendy, whatever you want to call it... In general, as a group us handmade cigar smokers are rather fickle lot, compared to most consumers bases we by nature tend to be more demanding and critical, plus loudly opinionated.. In the end you must earn market share day in and day out with consistent, quality product... these meteoric rises seldom can maintain the burn rate required as most of these people let the short-earned success get ahead of themselves by trying to capitalize on the opportunity far far too aggressively. Longterm success in the handmade cigars business requires patience and a steadfast approach.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
sidebar: Regretfully I think a lot of these smaller brand owners that are experiencing current success are going to be in for quite a shock. There is nothing worse imo than being "hot", the flavor of the day, trendy, whatever you want to call it... In general, as group us handmade cigar smokers are rather fickle lot, compared to most consumers bases we by nature tend to be more demanding and critical, plus loudly opinionated.. In the end you must earn market share day in and day out with consistent, quality product... these meteoric rises seldom can maintain the burn rate required as most of these people let the short-earned success get ahead of themselves by trying to capitalize on the opportunity far far too aggressively. Longterm success in the handmade cigars business requires patience and a steadfast approach.
Well said, sir!

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
sidebar: Regretfully I think a lot of these smaller brand owners that are experiencing current success are going to be in for quite a shock. There is nothing worse imo than being "hot", the flavor of the day, trendy, whatever you want to call it... In general, as group us handmade cigar smokers are rather fickle lot, compared to most consumers bases we by nature tend to be more demanding and critical, plus loudly opinionated.. In the end you must earn market share day in and day out with consistent, quality product... these meteoric rises seldom can maintain the burn rate required as most of these people let the short-earned success get ahead of themselves by trying to capitalize on the opportunity far far too aggressively. Longterm success in the handmade cigars business requires patience and a steadfast approach.
Couldn't agree with @ssaka more. I think sometimes new cigar manufacturers focus too much on limited edition cigars or vanity cigars where they show off their uniqueness. In order to have long term success in this industry, and continue to grow it's imperative to focus on a base brand or national brand label that you feel will be around for a very long time. Companies aren't built on limited edition cigars, they're built on lines that show success consistently each year. The limited edition cigars are way for companies to bring new attention and create buzz, but if that buzz doesn't build up the profile of your company and help your regular lines than IMO you're not utilizing limited editions correctly. It's important for new manufacturers to see the long term picture.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Longterm success in the handmade cigars business requires patience and a steadfast approach.
I was just about to say something along these lines, then I went to page 2. Now I have nothing to offer to the conversation :(