What's new

is it me or am I going crazy

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
OK, rant mode on.
I had a very interesting day today, came home from work, put on my shortsmade a huge mug of coffee and was ready to enjoy a great CC. Montecristo #2. lit it up, had a few puffs. wasn't bad, but draw was not very smooth, so I cut the tip a smidge more but that didn't help. Draw felt like work.....if you know what I mean. pretty much right away the cigar burned uneven, I mean I would have had to correct it every 5 minutes, aweful.
Flavor was ok, nothing special. and yes, it was the real thing, not a fake. got them from my B&M and he is a good friend of mine for 12 years, so no worries there.

eventually I just couldn't take it anymore, I was getting pissed off instead of relaxed.

so I just lit another cigar, Padron 1926, my first one. I did enjoy it very much, but also, like some posted here I also got a little bit that grassy flaver, not a bad smoke at all, but I see no reason to get a 1926 over a 1964, much better in my book.

so eventually night time came around, the fiancee and the dogs are in bed and I am heading in my workshop. Cool I thought, let me try the Diplomatico I was gifted today, yes, also real, from another one of my friends's persoal stash.
Draw sucked, actually it didn't. what the hell is going on here.
I only smoked about 1.5 inches of this otherwise great looking cigar, but this is crap.

So I am grabbing in my humidor as we speak and picking out a new smoke. either a 1964 diplomatico or a hemi, don't know yet.

I am just a little frustrated with CC's. last week I had a nice Cohiba, what a beauty, draw was awesome, quite a big cigar, I guess something on the lines of 6x52 or so.ut I don't remember which one. the flavor was good, but to be honest, not worth the money.

I guess what I am asking is this.

WHICH CC SHOULD I TRY TO GET THE FULL CC EXPERIENCE?????

I just wanna smoke one awesome CC and say, now I get it, but so far I am more than disappointed.

ok, rant mode off

back to my humi and pick another smoke, maybe I 'll even grab on I got with my trade with Matt. yumm

thanx everybody

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
sometimes you just get one of those sticks.

the other day i tried to pick out a nice habano... clipped and put back 4 sticks untill i found one that was smokeable.

i guess my answer is: smoke what you like and like what you smoke. ive had many a cigar that others had said were soooooo good and when i lit it, i just couldnt see it. others ive absolutly enjoyed and heard from others that they thought they were just plain dog rockets. you'll have to figure out this one for yourself.

but my choices would be a Monte #4, RASS, Cohiba Sig I, SLR series A, or a ERDM Choix Supreme. these have never let me down. there are others, but only having smokede one or so, i couldnt really refer them to someone.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
the siglo I, huh, wonder who sent me one of these??hahaha, thanx again.

it wasn't even so much about the taste, more about the draw. just aweful.

so it's 3am, just finished the Ashton VSG you sent me and I loved it. flavor, draw and all of that was just soooo much better, wow.

oh well, no CC's for me

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
that is all fine, I have 2 humidors, both at 60-65 moisture with beads and temp about 65-70. I also have a vinotemp winecooler.
I am just not too impressed with the quality those cigars were rolled, just expected more

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had a Montecristo #2 and a SCDH La Punta yesterday and they were both superb, nice draw, lots of smoke and full of flavor.
I have smoked several of the LGC Tainos lately, could possibly be my favorite smoke, haven't had a bad one yet.

Zig

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Partagas Lusitania....one kickass, finely constructed, flavorful smoke. Set aside about 2 hours to smoke it then another hour or two to enjoy the buzz.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
You are much more likely to find plugged (very tight to no draw) CCs than NCs. I have read stories where people have had as much as 10% of a single box be plugged! Now granted, this has been less common in the past few years, as quality control seems to have improved, but it can still happen.

There's nothing wrong in your choice of cigars; the Monte2 is a fantastic smoke and a great intro into CCs.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've found that I've tried to make a good cigar happen. That rarely works. Now I just let a good cigar happen. Makes all the difference in the world for me.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I've had des Deux's, du Roi's and du Prince from the same year...different months. Most of the du Roi's had a very difficult draw and were not as enjoyable as the others....Must have been a bad roll day.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
yeah, I guess I forget that they are handmade and rely on good quality control.
oh well, one day I'll get my hands on one that will smoke the way intended

thanx guys

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have found that when I work a cigar and it fails, its time to stop for the day. I rarely can get back to a point of enjoyment. It doesnt matter if its a CC or an NC. Let it rest and try again tomorrow. I have wasted way too many cigars chasing a bad day. It usually is not the cigar but me. SOmething I ate, too tired etc. This practice will save you many, many wasted cigars. My 2 cents.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
and yes, it was the real thing, not a fake. got them from my B&M and he is a good friend of mine for 12 years, so no worries there.
This worries me. When I started smoking cigars, the 1st CC I bought came from my local B&M. This also is a good friend of mine and the dude knows everything you want to know about nc cigars. So, like I said I purchased some from him. One was a Partagas SD #3 LE 2005 that I paid $15 for. I came home and just for S&Gs looked it up on the net. Funny I thought, there's no such animal. Never said anything to him about it, but never bought any more CC's from him. I'm convinced he thinks he's buying the real deal, but they're not. Anyway, maybe not the same in your case, but you never know. Also, it could be that CC's are just not to your taste. If so, that may not be all bad. :guitar:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
that things looks good, I might rig one myself.
like I said, flavor was not really the problem, getting to it was just too much work:bigeyes:
I posted this somewhere but If your a gun person they make these very nice 8 inch drill bits. Allows you to drill the cigar and dislodge tobacco to free up a stogie. Works almost everytime