What's new

Is my rolling plan reasonable?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my plan of attack to familiarize myself with the character of tobacco. Is my plan sound?

step 1: Roll the same dolls with a difference only in the wrapper. My first mold full (10) has a Brazilian Arapriaca wrapper. Mold 2 and 3 will be Ecudorian Ligero Shade Wrapper and CT1DW Maduro wrapper respectively. I have as pound of each on hand right now.

For each batch, I will smoke 1 at 1 week, 1 at 2 weeks and the rest beginning after 4 weeks ( the mold holds 10 total)

Step 2: select my favorite wrapper, and do the same with 2 more binders Step 1 is PA obscure binder.

Step 3, select 5 or 6 fillers. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to step through all the possible combinations of filler, which is why I am starting with wrapper. My 56X5 mold seems to be happy with 3 leaves, plus infill with whatever my hand pulls out of the scrap bag. I guess I could do a blend combinations matrix and roll with 5 sticks each a blend containing one leaf each out of say 6 possible fillers, but that's a heck of a lot of possibilities. My present filler is 1 leaf corojo Visio and 2 leaves corojo seco. It results in a cigar that doesn't make me puke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Probably a missing Step 0 here is, "find a wrapperless blend that not only doesn't make me puke, but that I really like, preferably with one leaf for filler and binder."
Step 0.2: "Smoke some puritos made from single wrapper leaves so I know what those leaves smell like and learn whether I like that smell or think that that smell is just going to fuck up my lovely filler blend I already discovered."

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Eggs Ackley. A solid reasonably neutral base.

... and you can get a first impression of a new leaf just by lighting a shred of it and snurfling the smolder.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so I've rolled step 1 using PA obscuro binder and 3 different wrappers. I'm also out of binder. Any suggestions for 2 additional binders that are significantly dissimilar to PA obscuro in terms of taste?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically, how many TYPES of leaf go into a particular cigar blend? 2? 3? More? I'm preplanning for step 3 and would like to start researching fillers.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Typically, how many TYPES of leaf go into a particular cigar blend? 2? 3? More? I'm preplanning for step 3 and would like to start researching fillers.
Typically, too many types of leaf go into one cigar blend, is your short answer.
Ideally, a seco, a ligero, and a viso are your filler, with a binder and a wrapper = five, is what the canonists tell us.
Me, I like to keep it simple.