What's new

Is there a better regular production lancero?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
El Triunfador Lancero FTMFW
Couldn't be more right Mac.
It was 2008. A hot late September afternoon. I decided on the new EL T lance with that ultra classic looking band and broadleaf wrapper. I clipped it in my front driveway and took a puff after toasting the foot. I remember hearing the sizzle of the lightly entubado rolled tobacco. The black pepper hit me with that "ninja kick to the throat" (trademarked) Along with notes of black coffee, toasted tobacco and mint. I was in love after the first few puffs.
Jfire

Can't say I've had the pleasure of this one

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
DPG Blue Lancero, Oliva V Lancero, and MF are the top of the reg productions.

Non reg production
Cain F, AtlAtl (CroMag), OR El Triunfador, and Illusione HL Maduro are phenomenal as well

Last edited:

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I didn't mention the El T Original because I wouldn't consider it regular production. But.... it is a damn fine Lancero!!!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I didn't mention the El T Original because I wouldn't consider it regular production. But.... it is a damn fine Lancero!!!
It is regular production, still making it and still available for retailers to order.
So, are you saying a retailer may be able to sell us full boxes at some point in time? Like maybe, Emerson's, for example? ;)

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Throw another in the bucket for the el tri lance from me. I agree though, the MF 4 is phenomenal. I also like the tat especiales, got a foil wrapped bundle still sealed in the box awaiting another year or so.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
LOL ok I guess COH lance counts as reg production after all. El trifunador has been hard to come by, as has (weirdly) the Tat black petite -- normally my B&M is fully stocked on Tats -- still have plenty of lance samplers, pudgies, corona gordas etc. as well as Jasons, petit cazadores reservas, etc etc etc. But no El T and no black petit lance.

Would you CC guys consider the Trini Fundadores regular production, and say it comes in behind the COH?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The black pepper hit me with that "ninja kick to the throat" (trademarked)
Trademarked by me!

DPG Blue Lancero
Oliva V Lancero,
MF

Cain F
AtlAtl (CroMag)
OR El Triunfador
Illusione HL Maduro
Didn't know the HL came in maduro. That's a pretty dadgum definitive list right there though. Put me down as a huge fan of the My Father, Oliva, and DPG Blue. In love with the old El Triun, haven't had the HL, and for whatever reason was unimpressed with the Cain.

lol

My contribution to the discussion (stuff so far not mentioned):

Regular production that top my list:
Caldwell Long Live the King - this one absolutely blew me away. It's amazing.
Paradigm 262 (I think this was reg production? Not sure.)
Liga Privada L40

Limited:
Casa Fuente - no words. So good.
Don Carlos - yeah, pretty much the same
BOTL 2012 - I LOVED this cigar. The '13 was good, but somehow didn't live up to what the '12 did for me

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My contribution to the discussion (stuff so far not mentioned):

Regular production that top my list:
Caldwell Long Live the King - this one absolutely blew me away. It's amazing.
Paradigm 262 (I think this was reg production? Not sure.)
Liga Privada L40

Limited:
Casa Fuente - no words. So good.
Don Carlos - yeah, pretty much the same
BOTL 2012 - I LOVED this cigar. The '13 was good, but somehow didn't live up to what the '12 did for me
VERY interesting Ninja -- I just got a LLTK 2 weeks ago in a Cypress sampler, and a Don Carlos last week at the B&M (overpaid), and a CF on Sunday in Vegas (overpaid)! So according to you I made good selections and I can't wait to burn em.

And I just found out TODAY that there was a BOTL lancero which makes me ill because there's no way to get em I'm sure. What was it like? Tell me a story...

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
LOL ok I guess COH lance counts as reg production after all. El trifunador has been hard to come by, as has (weirdly) the Tat black petite -- normally my B&M is fully stocked on Tats -- still have plenty of lance samplers, pudgies, corona gordas etc. as well as Jasons, petit cazadores reservas, etc etc etc. But no El T and no black petit lance.

Would you CC guys consider the Trini Fundadores regular production, and say it comes in behind the COH?
Yes and yes. The Trini is a 40RG so a little bit bigger than a true lancero. The Montecristo Especial No. 1 is a good choice for cuban lanceros... there aren't that many options now days.

And if you want the Black Petit Lancero, our trusty sponsor has them in stock right now.
http://www.emersonscigars.com/cat/1053/Tatuaje-Black-Series.aspx#.VAeGnBa015Y

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
VERY interesting Ninja -- I just got a LLTK 2 weeks ago in a Cypress sampler, and a Don Carlos last week at the B&M (overpaid), and a CF on Sunday in Vegas (overpaid)! So according to you I made good selections and I can't wait to burn em.
Yeah, you're in for a couple of treats.

And I just found out TODAY that there was a BOTL lancero which makes me ill because there's no way to get em I'm sure. What was it like? Tell me a story...
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/61846-2012-BOTL-LE-Lancero-by-Drew-Estate?highlight=

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Beaut of a review. Would you say, now that L40 exists, that it is similar?
Negative. BOTL'12 was, IIRC (been two years now) all about earth and pepper and cocoa, real rich and dark. The L40 was actually released first, but to me has a drier kind of profile, more tobacco and bittersweet cocoa. Hard to describe the differences without shortchanging the L40 in the description. Both were fantastic, but the BOTL'12 is was the better of the two.

But it's been a long time since I had either in my hands.