What's new

is there NOTHING that is great anymore?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
A picture is worth a thousand words:
:rofl: Nice pic, I especially like the back drop.

Bob, lots of stuff out there seems to be smoking good to me. I had a DPG Cuban Classic last night that was fantastic! Then of course there is the tried and true Padron.

Dan

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Bob, I couldn't agree more with you. I pay good money for cigars so I can enjoy them at my leisure. I won't say I don't enjoy the refinement's that may happen to the sticks in my collection over time; but I certainly don't enjoy buying a box of cigars having to wait to smoke them, hoping they'll get better.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"I don't have issues with aging cigars but I agree that you shouldn't have to."

Amen to that Gibby!

"And we have it 2010 the year of the Freshies!"

Truer words have not be said!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are looking for suggestions on what is new that has hit the ground running, I have one suggestion:

Jesus Fuego's new Origins line

I have gone through a half box of the Coronas since I picked them up a little over a month ago, and every cigar has been stellar. Perfect construction, great flavor, and a reasonable price. Two thumbs way up!
I've been digging the belicosos that I bought a few months back.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have 4 words for you.

Tatuaje.
Petit.
Cazadore.
Reserva.

:)

~brooks
This is the statement of the year! You could not smoke a better nc, imo. These little monsters are UNbelievable :smokingbo

I just wish they were available like the other tats.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I think that a lot of what we are hoping will be great has been rushed. I personally think that with the down turn in the economy a lot of cigars are being rushed. I buy a fair amount of cigars and have been let down quite lot lately. I think all LE Tats since T110 have been released to early, of the 3 different boxes of PDR I bought only 1 as far as I was concerned was ready to be smoked, Nosotros are way too young, opus pussy cats tasted way too young to me, and there have been a few more. That said this years opus Double Robo's have been GREAT, more CC's have been great fresh, Viaje has done a great job of releasing ready to smoke cigars.

That said I really think the right answer is smoke what ever is ready and stock up on what ever you think will be great. I don't have issues with aging cigars but I agree that you shouldn't have to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Read this again, cause he NAILED it.

~brooks

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Great things...
Le Bijou Petit Robusto
Jaime Reserva
Tatuaje Cojonu 03
NHC Natural

That might just be me...

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I personally think that with the down turn in the economy a lot of cigars are being rushed.
Posted via Mobile Device
How does this logic work? I would think with any downturn, people would buy less, that would be from the distributors, to the stores, to the consumers. Wouldn't this in turn create more supply that just sits in the warehouse and not being rushed to market. I was in my B&M the other day and he said he was ordering less as more was just sitting on the shelves. I would think the only smokes that are being rushed are these LE's. They are striking the iron while it is hot.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I think that a lot of what we are hoping will be great has been rushed. I personally think that with the down turn in the economy a lot of cigars are being rushed. I buy a fair amount of cigars and have been let down quite lot lately. I think all LE Tats since T110 have been released to early, of the 3 different boxes of PDR I bought only 1 as far as I was concerned was ready to be smoked, Nosotros are way too young, opus pussy cats tasted way too young to me, and there have been a few more. That said this years opus Double Robo's have been GREAT, more CC's have been great fresh, Viaje has done a great job of releasing ready to smoke cigars.

That said I really think the right answer is smoke what ever is ready and stock up on what ever you think will be great. I don't have issues with aging cigars but I agree that you shouldn't have to.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am curious Aaron. Which of the boxes did you like right away?:scratchhe

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Epernay...pdr 1878...and most of petes daily lines are great off the shelf! I think the issues come in when there are these small batches...they tend to get rolled and put to the shelves faster...

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i get that padrons are "preaged" and i don't hear people say that they improve with age. i guess what i'm really getting at are new release sticks. regular lines, like tats, are usually fine. do they improve appreciably with age? not to any huge benefit that i've seen. but read the reviews of the new releases. as has been discussed here, maybe they are just being rushed out too soon.
on the other hand, maybe it's a sign that the other countries are catching up to the quality of cuban leaf (they're already ahead in qc) and are putting out cigars that, like cc's, are made to age????? i would be curious to know what the real feelings are of guys like pete, dion, abe, litto, etc on how, or if, they let aging play into their blends.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"i get that padrons are "preaged" and i don't hear people say that they improve with age."

Not sure "which" Padrons you are referring to Bob, but I for one have found that anything in the 1,000's line age stunningly. Had a Padron 3000 Maduro that had been aged for three years and it was just unbelievable.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i stand corrected. or at least you're the first. probably not the only one, but i don't regularly hear people speak of aging padrons...

Mirrorlure7m

Twitter: @Mirrorlure7m
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for me there are serveral cigars ready to smoke . Some off the top of my head are Padron 1964 Exclusivo Natural , La Riqueza #2 those two are my favorite.