What's new

Is this a fake Cohiba?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure fake. I'd still smoke at least one though, and share the joke with your brother in law.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm curious to see how much he paid for them in the glass top box. I mean c'mon that glass top box is a collectors item!!!!

It would pain me to tell a friend or family member that a cigar is fake. Unless they asked me about it first. I'd have to tell them for real then and be brutally honest. But on a side note, I'd then send them here to BOTL to find out for themselves. Then watch them freak out if they paid God knows how much $$$ for fake Cubans in a glass top box!!!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow, ya FAKE. That's probably one of the worst I have seen.
Where was he traveling?
I would tell him for sure, I have had a few awkward moments with people telling them...but in my opinion it is best to let them know so they don't get as easily fooled again.
Recently a buddy of mine picked up a glass top of fakes, he barely had it out of the bag before I spotted it and told him, needless to say he was no longer as proud of his purchase when i could spot it as a fake so far away.
Exact same thing happened to me. A buddy of mine called and said he was coming over with cigars after being in Nicaragua. I didn't know he was going or I would have told him what to watch out for. He pulled out a glass-top box of Cohíba Espléndidos, one of the most counterfeited cigars ever. I spotted them from across the room. I didn't have the heart to tell him. He telling me about being all nervous in Customs and stuff. I offered to reimburse him for them and he said: "Don't worry about it, the whole box was only $25". Geesz.

I cut one open and it didn't look too bad so I smoke one. Not that bad actually. They are taking up a lot of valuable real estate in my Wineador, though. I may have to demote them to my tupperdor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exact same thing happened to me. A buddy of mine called and said he was coming over with cigars after being in Nicaragua. I didn't know he was going or I would have told him what to watch out for. He pulled out a glass-top box of Cohíba Espléndidos, one of the most counterfeited cigars ever. I spotted them from across the room. I didn't have the heart to tell him. He telling me about being all nervous in Customs and stuff. I offered to reimburse him for them and he said: "Don't worry about it, the whole box was only $25". Geesz.

I cut one open and it didn't look too bad so I smoke one. Not that bad actually. They are taking up a lot of valuable real estate in my Wineador, though. I may have to demote them to my tupperdor.
I could tell there was something off about these cigars right away. They were too rough and after a closer look at the label I knew something was fishy. My first thought was it had to be fake, but I'm a newb to cigars so I thought I could get someone with more experience to confirm bu posting here. You guys have been helpful. I appreciate it.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I could tell there was something off about these cigars right away. They were too rough and after a closer look at the label I knew something was fishy. My first thought was it had to be fake, but I'm a newb to cigars so I thought I could get someone with more experience to confirm bu posting here. You guys have been helpful. I appreciate it.
Btw

Cubancigarwebsite.com

Study up :)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I personally would tell him. There have been reports of nasty, nasty ass shit found rolled up in fake cigars: hair, insulation fiber glass, saw dust, and anything else they can scrap together in their little sweatshop.
This...we have found plastic, string and other things. Absolutely DO NOT smoke one, and tell your Brother to toss the rest.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never seen a barber pole cc but I have only been into cigars a few years now so there might have been one LE somewhere I have never seen.

I would tell him what would it hurt.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I would love to have that from a collector's stance. It looks so fake, I've been hit with a few fakes and I hold on to them but they don't look this bad. I want one.