What's new

Is this bad?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No Bovedas in there. No problems with other sticks as far as I can see.

65% RH, according to my hydrogemeter. I guess I’ll swap out the battery and calibrate, but it’s been dead on when I have in the past.

I’m not shipping my bourbon to anyone. If someone’s truly in need of a few cigars, though, I can possibly help out.

Thanks, all.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this a problem that you've had yourself? Since boveda themselves say it's fine—it's a selling point, in fact—I'd like to know what you experienced.
Yes it is. I have found over the years that some cigars react badly to the humidity moving across them with the boveda in direct contact and that the problem seems resolved when I use a simple cedar spill ( like from a box ) to keep the boveda off them. It's certainly a pretty rare occurrence, but it happens.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I don’t like the idea of of boveda on top of uncelloed cigars so I use cedar too. Never had an issue. It’s just that I know they are exuding moisture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So most seem to think it's mold but one or two thought plume? I thought mold was wispy and splotchy, plume was little dots. Especially on a toothy wrapper. I had mold on some pipe tobacco once, it looked like a bunch of spider webs in the jar. I've never seen either on a cigar.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So most seem to think it's mold but one or two thought plume? I thought mold was wispy and splotchy, plume was little dots. Especially on a toothy wrapper. I had mold on some pipe tobacco once, it looked like a bunch of spider webs in the jar. I've never seen either on a cigar.
I was one of the ones that said plume, but I was being facetious. It’s definitely mold.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Found my second instance ever of mold today. Just perusing my wineador and saw this. Just a tiny spot but glad I caught before it got out of control. RH is at %66 but it was in direct contact sitting under a boveda. Wiped it down with isopropyl alcohol thinking the alcohol would maybe kill any other spores. Letting set out for a bit to dry then gonna set in my dry box for a couple days before I put it back in. Everything else looks fine but I’d say about %85 of my sticks are in cello so that probably helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk