What's new

Is this for real or a hoax?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I got this e-mail from my uncle the other day. But it sounds a little extreme to me. But the way things are going, I wouldn't be suprised either. Can anyone here confirm if this is true or a hoax?

Thanks

Here is th e-mail:

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys & gals and gun owners...!!

Thanks From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out Something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going Through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the Exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed?

2. Did I feel threatened?

3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered "yes" to any of the Questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security..

It looks as though they are going after the vets first!!!

Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be Forewarned and be aware.

The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner veteran or not, you've been warned.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Haven't been to the VA in a while but I could really see it happening. Really scary shit having someone ask questions without any context because asking why just raises more concerns from the inquisitors.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
They cannot report that info as the email suggests. As a medic in the Army, I've asked those same questions to thousands of people over the years. The only purpose is to be able to identify depression early and get them the treatment they need. None of their answers are ever shared with anyone.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is a reason a lot of guys do not speak up when they are having issues. Rules are changing and what used to be kept in your records is not. Remember they are the DODs med records not yours.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Beyond the fact that I am not affected, I refuse to have the PTSD talk with the VA. I think because of my old job and a deployment they are convinced I am delusional for denying PTSD. I do not trust our government and the VA is part of them. Therefore I do not trust that the government wouldn't somehow work a way to turn things like PTSD into a disqualifying factor for firearm ownership. After all it's not the ability to carry concealed they're concerned about it's ownership in general. Both Repubs and Dems want our guns one way or another. If you think the GOP isn't after guns just look at the intrusion on freedom perpetrated by GWB and the USA PATRIOT Act.

We all know the old saying "once they get their foot in the door". There I go making another blip on their spyonmedar. I need to go put my aluminum hat back on.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Even if this were real it is only a concealed weapons permit. You can still own a gun.
Kind of akin to being able to own cigars but not smoke them anywhere but home......

Frankly, I would like to use my weapon for protection when and wherever it may be needed, not just at home. I know you can open carry but I am one that thinks that creates more trouble than it is worth...

Also, if they can find a reson to revoke your permit based on mental disability, one would think there is a fine line able being able to still own a firearm. Not sure but I think that there is some laws on the books regarding this....

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Glad to hear that this was a hoax.

While I've never been in the military. I could see this spillling over to the public as well if it were true.