What's new

Is this for Real?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
By doing this, they are making a far more constraining choice for their child than the child's gender ever will.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's f'ing ridiculous. At some point they will have to decide which public restroom the kid will use.
Nah, having to use segregated restroom facilities is forcing gender on the individual. Instead they will probably have the kid wear a diaper until it's 18 years old. :nodlaugh:

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
That's f'ing ridiculous. At some point they will have to decide which public restroom the kid will use.
Yup and which locker room to use at school, ect...

This is just plain stupidity IMO, the worst part is the parents are bringing this on the child for some idiotic reason. Like being a kid isn't hard enough and really... what does this prove? I hear dumb shit every day that makes me scratch my head and this is today's winner....

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I agree in some of their thinking, example my BIL who has boys, will not let them discuss girls stuff, playing with Barbies or 'girl' toys, can not wear pink, or scarves, or play dress-up with my daughters. I thin we limit children in growth to what we want and think they should be. We take our children to as much art and cultural events as possible. He is all about boy things, sports, fishing wrestling, etc.. We do that as well, just do not limit what they can experience.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I am all for exposing children to as many diverse things as possible. However, this is a head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think ultimately this will create a seriously confused child, because a child is a product of it's surroundings. This example of parenting is worse than a helicopter parent or tiger mom IMHO because at least with those types they facilitate some form of niche for the child.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's the first I've heard of unschooling. It almost sounds like the Montessori School, but with no structure whatsoever. Basically just let the kids do whatever they want. So, basically, these people are just modern day hippies.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't understand. They act like it is wrong to dress your girl in pink and your boy in blue. All I know is I did that for my daughter and now she loves pink, dress up, and would rather wear a dress than anything else. Is she now limited as a person for liking these things, is she going to grow up one day and say "man I wish my dad would have made me ware blue when i was little because I hate all this girl stuff." Just because you give certain things to your children like pink clothes or blue clothes or trucks and baby dolls does not mean that you child is limited to what they can achieve. They have women in this world that do great things as well as men and when they were babies they both had gender appropriate clothes and toys. They are making a non-issue something life altering and thinking that if they treat their child as a boy/girl it will some how limit their ability in life. They are crazy.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
New age hippie fruitcakes, 40 years too late.

Their sons' names are Storm, Jazz and Kio.

Storm. Jazz. And Kio.

And does anyone else think Jazz looks more like a little girl than a boy?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
You guys aren't seeing the bigger picture! If a young boy wants to wear a pink fluffy dress, why shouldn't he? Haven't any of you ever seen Big Daddy? If your kid wants to be named Frankenstien and eat ketchup packets for lunch, why can't he? Jeez, you all need to lighten up!

Nah I'm just kiddin! These hippies must have taken the brown acid or something. I understand being openminded and letting kids figure things out (i.e. what color crayon they should use to color a duck) but there is a fine line between openminded and flat out weird.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I agree in some of their thinking, example my BIL who has boys, will not let them discuss girls stuff, playing with Barbies or 'girl' toys, can not wear pink, or scarves, or play dress-up with my daughters. I thin we limit children in growth to what we want and think they should be. We take our children to as much art and cultural events as possible. He is all about boy things, sports, fishing wrestling, etc.. We do that as well, just do not limit what they can experience.
I agree with you. My boys like typical boy things, but if one of them wanted to get a barbie or do something like that, I wouldn't stop him. I'm trying to set an example for my boys, but not control everything they do.

That said, I think concealing a child's gender is insane. Gender is not some fictitious social construct: boys and girls really are different! It's one thing to support your child if they don't fit into one of the stereotypical gender roles, but it's another thing entirely to force your child into some imaginary gender-free world.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The only way their experiment will work or have any real results is if they home school this kid and never let him/her go to a public bathroom. That is what they are doing with this kids life. They are performing an experiment.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Those parents need a swoft kick in thier genitalia....

.......What ever genitalia they decide THEY are going to have for that day.