What's new

ISO Cigar Aficionado Top 25 of '05

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well if advertising was what made stuff end up on the list, then why weren't there any Rocky Patels seeing as they have 2 page ads in the magazine all the time.

I think they took the top 25 of all they reviews in the past year or something, not out of every cigar. But I do agree they need more writing on the cigars themselves instead of fluff piece interviews. Like they have a page about a certain cheese and mention what kind of wine would go with it but nowhere in the article does it mention cigars.

What I did find interesting in the top 25 is the production numbers of each cigar. Like the Tatuaje was something crazy low like 7,500 produced in 2005.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
joshua said:
Well if advertising was what made stuff end up on the list, then why weren't there any Rocky Patels seeing as they have 2 page ads in the magazine all the time...
Or Toranos for that matter. While I like to say that the rankings are based on ad revenues, I don't really believe they are. I just think they're completely off-the-wall. They can't possibly be reliable if only because (I have been told) the testers smoke only the first inch of the cigar. How much can that tell you? The only thing CA reviews are good for is laughs (hints of cinnamon with a slight aftertaste of over-ripe mango mixed with tarragon...) :grinFU:

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah some of those descriptions are just plain stupid. Absolutely rediculous. Everyone's tastes are different I suppose.