What's new

ISO Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Pumpkin Ales are my favorite seasonal brew and I was quite pleased to see a few newcomers to the shelves of my favorite beer store :grin:. However, I cannot seem to find Dogfish Head's renowned Punkin Ale :disappoin. I was wondering if any BOTL out there would be willing to help a brother procure some of this tasty brew?? :help:

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Dude when I head to the one grocery store that sells 6ers I'll see if they have it. They had post road last time. You may not be able to get DFH pumpkin because either you can't get it in MO or it just didn't make it there yet. We just got it at the local distributor like two days ago. Considering we're a short truck ride from MD it might take a while to get there.

You let me know I'm sure it'll end up in a sixer at my grocery store.

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yep DogFishHead does not distribute to MO!. It really is a shame I know.
Schlafly & Ofallon both make great pumpkin beers!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Yeah we don't have any Dogfish Head :crying:. I love the Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Haven't had the O'Fallon one yet (saw it on the shelf for the first time this year), but I will rectify that today :grin:. I'll have a talk with the guys at my local store and see if they can get some. I chatted with the girl behind the counter when I was in there last week and she had no idea what I was talking about :laugh:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Looks like you should be set here but if not let me know. I got an email from one of my stores that they will get it soon. The DFH pumpkin is one of my favorites, I also like the Weyerbacher a lot.

Best time of the year for beers IMO!

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
dan when I head into cappys in boston I'll check. they should hsve , they usually have everything.
I picked up a four pack at Kappys in Danvers the other day. So they should have it.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Pumpkin Ales are my favorite seasonal brew and I was quite pleased to see a few newcomers to the shelves of my favorite beer store :grin:. However, I cannot seem to find Dogfish Head's renowned Punkin Ale :disappoin. I was wondering if any BOTL out there would be willing to help a brother procure some of this tasty brew?? :help:

Dan
Got a 4pk, send me your addy.

John

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Damn I didn't even make it to the grocery store yet and this is taken care of. I'd just go to the distributor but being a PA resident we have the option of a full case or the rare "restaurant" that sells 6ers. I don't buy full cases hardly anymore with all the homebrew in the house.

If anyone needs more difficult to find DFH stuff my local distributor is the regional distributor for DFH in the area.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'm gonna have to track some this stuff down. From the reviews I've read thus far after seeing this here post.....the DFH Punkin is the cream of the crop as far as pumpkin ales go.

CBC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now u got me wondering...what's the brewhaa? What does it taste like?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Nope I'm buying it all for myself! I've been calling all over already, no one around me got it in yet, not even Binny's. Maybe I'll call Binny's back today, because It's one of my favorite seasonal beers ever! JUst wish it wasn't $9.99 a four pack.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Haven't had the O'Fallon one yet (saw it on the shelf for the first time this year), but I will rectify that today :grin:.
So I got some O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale and also some New Holland Ichabod Ale yesterday. :disappoin. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Schafly's or something, but neither of these had but a very faint pumpkin flavor and the spices were mostly non-existent.

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Do NOT try the Smuttynose Pumpkin. I had some on saturday and it was nasty. It didn't just lack pumpkin flavor and spices it tasted bad. Now in the beer's defense it could have been A. a bad batch (possible), B. dirty tap lines (unlikely at this place), or C. my tastebuds were messed up (again unlikely as wife agreed whole heartedly). The beer had this bizarre bitterness in the back and sides of your tounge. Not like hops bitterness this was a "mr yuck" face bitterness.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Drinking a DFH Punkin Ale as I type this...........very, very good.

Beats the hell out of the Weyerbacher Pumpkin Ale I had a few nights ago. Really glad I only bought one bomber of that, and a few 4 packs of the DFH. The weyerbacher had a sharp bite of what tasted like cloves that just didn't suit me at all. The spice on this DFH however is very nicely balanced, and isn't overdone......and the pumpkin is certainly there, but it too is also not overpowering. Very drinkable, which I was concerned about after trying the Weyerbacher.