What's new

It begins..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arrived home from work today and sitting in my garage... My new wineador.

Lots of work to do, but i know i'm going to have lots of fun doing it. My order is already in with GolfNut for custom shelves and drawers.. Going to clean her out and prep her up. Beads should be here Tuesday.

Thanks GolfNut for your services..

:smokingme

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleaned up the wineador last night and put in boveda packs and cigarmony pucks and beads to get some humidity in there (65%).. put in a bottle of hennessy which has a couple shots left in it to get that beautiful cognac aroma in there. i also have few pieces of cedar along with a oliva box filled with cigar leaves.. three hygros (two digital and one analog) in there to get a base of where i am with humidity and all three hygros reading 63-65 rh.

Attachments

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Never heard of anybody doing the cognac thing before. Pretty interesting. Looking forward to the finished product!

falconman515

Central Cali Cigar Crew
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Amazing my fellow Cali brother! It's a Crazy slippery slope to say the least.

Here was my build of my NewAir: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=56600

Maybe some info in there would help you out on yours .... I would happy to help out or answer any questions you may have brother!

Love the updates and pics ... can;t wait to see more and I can't wait to see your new drawer set-up from Forrest (I am dieing to order one when I can find the money to do so).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
falconman515, i've read the post on your build a dozen times before i even thought of doing this.. you are one of the main reasons i went this route. much props to you.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my trays from Forrest.. Beautiful! well worth the wait for a job well done. A+ Forrest. Guys if you haven't orders your wineador trays from Forrest, your truly missing out..

Ill post pics of the unboxing and how I'm acclimating them to 70%rh later. I don't want to put the new trays in with my cigars just yet.. Don't want them to dry out the sticks.

Attachments

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be very happy with that; bar fridges have served many of us well.
Are you going to be adding any fans?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a couple of the oust fans running now. seems to keep the air circulating enough to keep the upper and lower part of my wineador consistent in humidty and temps. i also installed an ETC to keep my temps at a steady 72 with 65% humidity (using cigarmony beads). the ETC i think is a very vital part of the setup. it stops the cooler from running 24/7 and turns on only when temps inside get passed 72 degrees. i figure when the trays are acclimated to 70% rh it would be easier for the beads to absorb the extra moisture from the trays and set the inside humidity to level back to 65%..

gotta give props to twenty5 and falconman515 on this particular setup.