What's new

It goes bang bang bang

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've been wanting one an AR-15 for a looooong time and yesterday, the day finally came. My brand new in box Stag Arms Model 8 gas-piston AR. Front and rear midwest industries collapsible sights, 1:9 chrome-lined barrel. Accepts 5.56/.223. I can't wait to fire off some rounds!

Also, I applogize for the new hiatus from the board. I came back strong during the burning leaf event, and then dropped off again. I blame Smokemifugotem for his work and family priorities. :stickbeat

(The pistol is my Smith and Wesson M&P .40c that is my carry gun. I've had that for a bit...ever since my 'who carries what and why' thread.

anyway.....

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Nice, but I'm worried about you. You're not turning into that gunslingin nuttbag from "Police Academy" I hope.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Nice, but I'm worried about you. You're not turning into that gunslingin nuttbag from "Police Academy" I hope.
No sir. Just a crazed psychopath with a gun fetish. Hey listen, what's your schedule like next week? I'm also going to need a list of your fears. I have a surprise for you. I CAN'T WAIT!!! it's going to be a bloody good time!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just need to pick up a nice red dot, maybe a sling, ad a couple windowed magpul mags. Not diggin the crappy looking stamped aluminum mag it came with.
I don't know what your means are, but if you have them, strongly, STRONGLY consider an ACOG. I can tell you now that I'd have one in a heartbeat if I had the cash. Perfect combination of point and shoot and mid-distance precision. If not, all kinds of red-dots to go with, though Aim-Point is obviously the mainstay. I recently acquired a handful of the windowed P-Mags and they are great. I too now look at the old mags as ugly as sin, but don't knock keeping them around for extras, they did us fine for years and years. Do some searching on the web, plenty of places have sales on those P-Mags (careful you are looking at the ones with windows if that's what you want). Check out jabtac.com for some great gear including the P-Mags (it's where I got mine).

And if you really want to head over the edge, head on over to AR15.com and welcome your new disease. ;)

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I don't know what your means are, but if you have them, strongly, STRONGLY consider an ACOG. I can tell you now that I'd have one in a heartbeat if I had the cash. Perfect combination of point and shoot and mid-distance precision. If not, all kinds of red-dots to go with, though Aim-Point is obviously the mainstay. I recently acquired a handful of the windowed P-Mags and they are great. I too now look at the old mags as ugly as sin, but don't knock keeping them around for extras, they did us fine for years and years. Do some searching on the web, plenty of places have sales on those P-Mags (careful you are looking at the ones with windows if that's what you want). Check out jabtac.com for some great gear including the P-Mags (it's where I got mine).

And if you really want to head over the edge, head on over to AR15.com and welcome your new disease. ;)
Just did a google for acog (about cost, I know what they are) and I found out that, according to acog.org, a vaginal hysterectamy is the approach of choice. :eek:fftopic:

they seem to be on average close to $1,000. not the kinda cash I want to drop on optics right now. (If I was going to drop a big chunk on optics, i'd probably go with an EO Tech Holo).

I was looking at GTDist.com for the magpuls. They have non-window for $15, and windowed for $18. I haven't really looked elsewhere because that just seems very reasonable to me. I'll check out the site you reco'd though.

and as far as arfcom....I've been lurking :rifleaim: