What's new

It was plugged!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I got adventurous tonight and wanted to fire up a Boli PC. The one that I had previously cut that had a tight draw a week ago was just as hard to suck through tonight. Curious, I grabbed another, snipped it, and the draw was perfect. These have both been sitting in my humidor the same amount of time out of the original box. The one that had a hard draw even had the cap whacked off which should have made it even faster to dry. I got my trusty paperclip out and sure enough there was a spot 1 inch in that was like hitting a brick wall. I probed at it for a couple passes and punched through. Bingo, mission accomplished. Decent draw now; tons better than it was. I'm going to smoke it tomorrow and see how it goes.

It's a bummer when the second cigar out of a box is plugged :crytears:

I sure hope this isn't a common problem with the PCs...

~Eric

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I doubt it is a sign of what's to come with the whole cab Eric. I haven't had a plugged PC yet, the only truly plugged cigars I have had were Monte #2s. When I cut them open there was a portion of leaf actualluy folded up and forming a barrier inside.

You should be fine man.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm into my second box of Boli pcs and not one of them has been plugged. If one of yours is plugged it has to be an isolated problem. If you are having draw problems, check your RH, Habanos seem to smoke better when stored at 65% and not 70%.

If they are not ready to be smoked, you might have to exercise some patience :crosseyed

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I'm going to smoke this one here in a few. I dryboxed it overnight and it helped a bit as well. I know for a fact the first one I had was overhumidified. It actually split the wrapper while smoking and burned very unevenly. It was still freakin delicious, though! I don't think the one I have now is 'plugged' per se, but rather too tightly rolled/too much tobacco. It's smokeable, sure, but I like a draw that doesn't take much effort to get the flavors to shine through. Come to think of it, I've never had a cigar plugged tight. I've always had the ones that give you a headache trying to suck through them, lol.

~Eric

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
lmao, hey, it's all good. You guys are right once again! It is still a little wet, but I don't really have the time to write 1000 words, then get back outside and smoke it, so I'll leave you with a picture...

It's devine, btw.

~Eric