What's new

iTatuaje for iPhone?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After collecting some various Tatuaje bands, and doing some weaving and gluing, I present my newest iPhone case. (Yeah, I had to take it off the phone to snap a pic.)

*Thanks to JDog for saving some bands for me too!!*

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Very nice. My case is translucent, and I have some of my favorite bands inside it, so they decorate the back of my HTC Thunderbolt.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Very nice. I did something similar with some bands on my phone's case.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well done, that looks great.

How did you do it. I break out in a cold sweat when it comes to arty stuff or DIY
At first I wove the brown and Reserva bands of Cojonu's, Capa Especial's and Reserva's into that plaid pattern you see. Taping down each one onto a cutting board as I went to keep the pattern tight. After I had about 10 or so overlapped and woven it actually held together tight. So I taped it all together on back to hold.

Then I just picked out a few home run bands: Blacks, TAA, RC Series, La Verite 2008 and a Verocu Tubo, and glued them onto the plaid pattern carefully. Laid the case out on a piece of cardboard to make a template, transferred the template to the woven sheet of cigar bands and then it was just a matter of carefully scissors work and a little extra trimming to fit.

I actually have enough bands to do some more of these quite easily, but the Tatuaje bands being all the same size wove together very nicely.

And I love Tatuaje sticks too. There was a Wolfman above the Verocu, but it got trimmed off.