What's new

It's been a bittersweet week

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Well brothers it's been a hell of a week so far. First full week in the house and we're all settled in and things are going great.

Tuesday morning rolls around.. I mean early morning, around 345. I go out on the front porch for a smoke, haven't been sleeping well the past couple of days, and I get a gut feeling something is wrong and go inside and say to my girl that I think I need to call mom.... Well she hands me the phone and it's ringing.... And it's my mom... She says dads but doing well come home now.

Side note- Dad was diagnosed with multi system Parkinson's about 10 years ago. It hit hard these past 5-6 years. He's been bedridden all those years. He had to be bathed fed everything. He totally lost all mobility. Couldn't speak either.

Well Friday the pain meds gave out and just wouldn't work and he kept asking for more, very unlike him. He barely took Tylenol. He's been sleeping since then and on Tuesday around 745 finally lost his fight with it. He's finally no longer suffering anymore and he's gone to a much better place.

I'm not really sad just yet, still in shock cause they has told us he had a few months left and that turned into 5 days. I got to say my good bys and tomorrow he will be put to his final resting place in the veterans cemetery on his dads right hand side.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Terribly sorry for your lose, but I think you said it best yourself. In a better place now with no more suffering.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, i am so sorry for your loss. keep family close at hand, reach out if you need (and that includes here as well), and know that you will be carrying part of your father forward with you in all you do. my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thoughts and Prayers out to you, your Mom, and the rest of your family, brother.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and agree with what everyone else has repeated from you. He is in no more pain.

-Chrisso

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family!

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So very sorry about your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be going out to you and your family during the next days and weeks.

Take comfort knowing the suffering is over and your dad is now at peace and know we are here for you if you need.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Very sorry for your lose, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong, your mom will need you more now.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Dang, Nemo. Words can't really suffice at a time like this, but just know that if he was a believer, he's finally at peace. I'm glad you got to be there with him and say your goodbyes, that's a blessing not everyone receives.

I'll pray for you and your family. I'm a stoic, I don't generally feel like most other people do, I tend to cut off my emotional responses. I know how losing a loved one can shock nd numb you, and grieving sometimes doesn't come easy. It'll get better with time.