What's new

It's complicated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie trying to pick a few sticks for a Christmas gift, totally last minute, and I'm finding this to be completely overwhelming! So many brands, sizes, varieties, flavors... Very few of the sticks I'm looking for are on the sites I'm searching, or in the local cigar shops, or they are available but only in boxes and I'm not looking for a box... I wish I had thought to do this a couple of months ago! It seems to complicated to be enjoyable at this moment.

Do you guys have local cigar shops that stock the cigars you like? Do you shop online? What sites do you shop? What sites should be avoided? Do some websites only stick certain brands and not others? Insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I don’t have the widest range on knowledge about the best sites but I will say that small batch cigar has been good to me. They tend to stock more of the boutique/hard to find stuff you might be looking for and have a BOTL discount code for us as well. Just watch the banner ads and you will see it pop up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the widest range on knowledge about the best sites but I will say that small batch cigar has been good to me. They tend to stock more of the boutique/hard to find stuff you might be looking for and have a BOTL discount code for us as well. Just watch the banner ads and you will see it pop up.
I'll check that out. Thank you!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Agree it is a crazy world. I am relatively new as well. SBC is also my go-to but there is a lot they don't have too. In terms of how to find things, many of us use this site to do box splits, where one person buys a box and sells slots of 5 cigars each to other members, this way we can spread the cost of a box out. If you are looking for gifts, most shops have the "big names," and there are tons of good things to be had there.

For a gift I'd recommend Padron, they are a high end name, but have $10ish options. If you aren't sure what kind of cigars to get someone, see if you can find out what kind of beer they like, or how they take their coffee. Typically darker-colored cigars are appreciated by people who like darker beers or drink their coffee black. If your giftee likes pilsners and lattes, they might be a lighter-colored cigar person.

Hope this is helpful!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yeah, as someone who is new, buying for someone who is new. You can't go wrong with padron x000 series (2000,3000,4000,etc depending on size) or Arturo Fuente 858s (Maduro and sun grown are best Imho)

They're both 7 bucks or under, very well know names and and great entry level sticks.

If you wanna ball out a bit more then padron 1926 or 1964 are the next level of their brand and should be in the 15 dollar range, and Fuente has Don Carlos and Opus X that are in the 15-20 range.

That being said. I personally would recommend my father no. 2 or cedros deluxe. They are both so delicious. On the pepper side but if you don't retrohale (breathing smoke out through your nose) which a new smoker probably won't the pepper won't be overwhelming.

And if you're looking for singles. I believe purocigar.com is a site sponsor and will sell singles of anything they have and their stock is really extensive. They also have a bottle code if I recall correctly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you aren't sure what kind of cigars to get someone, see if you can find out what kind of beer they like, or how they take their coffee. Typically darker-colored cigars are appreciated by people who like darker beers or drink their coffee black. If your giftee likes pilsners and lattes, they might be a lighter-colored cigar person.
I'm not ready for any splits, but I'm certainly intrigued by the correlation of beer and coffee flavors to cigars. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
one of those nice pairings, but anything too flavorful can overpower the nuance in a cigar.
However,the overall experience can be delightful.
Whatever works for you.(y):cat: mee-too

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm a newbie trying to pick a few sticks for a Christmas gift, totally last minute, and I'm finding this to be completely overwhelming! So many brands, sizes, varieties, flavors... Very few of the sticks I'm looking for are on the sites I'm searching, or in the local cigar shops, or they are available but only in boxes and I'm not looking for a box... I wish I had thought to do this a couple of months ago! It seems to complicated to be enjoyable at this moment.

Do you guys have local cigar shops that stock the cigars you like? Do you shop online? What sites do you shop? What sites should be avoided? Do some websites only stick certain brands and not others? Insight would be greatly appreciated.
For singles your best bet is to check out JanusTobak and use the New35 code for 35% off your first purchase. They're slow to get stock back in but they carry a lot of really nice brands. I'm not sure if they would be able to get a shipment to you before Christmas, its worth shooting them an email - if they can't, it would be a great shop to keep in mind for the future.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0