What's new

It's fuggin cold here :(

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone have any ideas on a space heater for my garage?

I've never had one of these and dont really know what I would need.... I'd like to make a 1 stall garage comfortable.

Any links would be much appreciated :smt023

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Those plug in ones that look like a tube ROCK! Not sure what the hell they're called though. :smt102

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can I ask.. does anyone have an air cooler to spare *laughs* I was thinking since ya all are talking about heating the air.. you wouldn't need the air coolers that much now anyway :wink:

It is soo bloody hot!!! 112 today.. down to 102 over the evening.. having trouble sleeping at the moment as the old aircon died in the bedroom and I simply haven't had time to get myself to the shop and buy another... :cry:

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought a heater that runs on propane at Home Depot last year for 100.00 and it has been great, it has wheels so you can move it around, you can run it on the little propane bottles but they run out to fast so I picked up a hose and attached it to a regular 20lb tank, if that runs out I grab one of the 40lb tanks off my camper....keep me toasty :smt040

Ironman

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Model 7260

Quartz Heat N Light Overhead Heater With Halogen Light

150 W Of Radiant Heat
Powerful Halogen Light Source
3 Settings
Light Only
Light &amp; Low Heat
Light &amp; High Heat
Ideal For Year Round Use In Garage, Basement Or Barn
Weight 8.5 Lb

:?: 150 watts? That has to be a misprint. I have light bulbs that put out more than that. Must be 1500...but that's still not much in a cold garage.

Are you stuck with electric, or would you consider propane. I use these to heat my house. Vent free, no odor to speak of, mount on a wall, or withe the stand...just a thought..

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&amp;productId=503602&amp;R=503602

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
Can I ask.. does anyone have an air cooler to spare *laughs* I was thinking since ya all are talking about heating the air.. you wouldn't need the air coolers that much now anyway :wink:

It is soo bloody hot!!! 112 today.. down to 102 over the evening.. having trouble sleeping at the moment as the old aircon died in the bedroom and I simply haven't had time to get myself to the shop and buy another... :cry:
Damn bro', when you said in the other thread it was tropical I had no idea you meant THAT tropical! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Newt said:
Viper139 said:
I have 3 of these in my garage but it is a three car garage. They work great.

http://www.standardequipmentco.com/ht/7260.htm
That's a goood price!!!

Do you think it would handle one stall... remember that here it is often below zero by 30, so it's fuggin cold to start you know?

Thoughts'?
If you sat right underneath it you would be fine. If you wanted to heat the whole garage you would probably need two.

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Newt said:
Anyone have any ideas on a space heater for my garage?

I've never had one of these and dont really know what I would need.... I'd like to make a 1 stall garage comfortable.

Any links would be much appreciated :smt023
Suck it up man...

This is nothing!

The real answer to your problem is to let the wifey let you smoke inside... or just come over to my place! :wink:

Fargo hasn't banned smoking in my house.... yet. :lol:

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Newt said:
Viper139 said:

That's a goood price!!!

Do you think it would handle one stall... remember that here it is often below zero by 30, so it's fuggin cold to start you know?

Thoughts'?
I did'nt know it got that cold where you are. It would probably not help with that much temp drop. You will need something a little bigger.

Here is a bunch to choose from.
http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--13110108,keyword--Garage Heater.html

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Viper139 said:
Newt said:
Viper139 said:

That's a goood price!!!

Thoughts'?
I did'nt know it got that cold where you are. It would probably not help with that much temp drop. You will need something a little bigger.

Here is a bunch to choose from.
http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--13110108,keyword--Garage Heater.html
Ooooooo Papa LIKES 8)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Newt

what did you do,
two days ago it was 70,
tonight and the rest of the week is in the 30's,
i hope you didn't send a box of that weather down here.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hdking said:
Newt

what did you do,
two days ago it was 70,
tonight and the rest of the week is in the 30's,
i hope you didn't send a box of that weather down here.
If only I could I certianly would :smt063

Anything to get back at the Phil right now would please me :)