What's new

Its OK, lets just print some more......

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
yeah, i saw that the other day.,

how can anyone even begin to act like they don't see the end result of all this. i mean seriously, what dumbass in washington thinks we can get away with printing all that money with no inflation consequences.

what dumbass thinks its a good idea?!?!

and the administration keeps saying the news release of their new policies don't have affect on the stock market, but everytime the announce a new plan it drops wildly. (wait til tomorrows unemployment numbers come out)

today for example, they began talking about the health care reform. the reform being spending MORE money. the stock markets answered by dropping another 300 points.

but yet they continue to try to tell us the market is following a different course all it's own that has nothing to do with the administrations policies.

It's as if they are saying to each other, "The American people sure may not be dumb, but they sure are stupid."

OK, rant over.

but know this, it's all goin down in a ball of flames.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
What people don't realize is that our governments poor choice to go off the gold standard and just print what we need also directly effects the rest of the worlds monetary value, not to mention their rate of inflation. We will never be able to get back to the gold standard, even if the government wanted to, because we have sold most of our gold to other country's. Meaning we would have to buy it all back, in order to have the physical on hand backing needed to cover outstanding treasury bonds.

I think the best thing we could do for now is lower the tax on businesses that keep labor here in the US, and raise the tax on Businesses that send the labor to other countrys. On of our biggest problems is that we do not make anything here any more, we buy it from everyone else.

After that there are some extreme measures that we could do:

Institute a flat income tax for everyone (excluding businesses that was covered above) with no exemptions or write offs (20% should do). Then put a federal mandated 10% max on state sales tax (understand that it is a max and not mandatory) and no state income tax.

Just a few ideas. Who am I, but some out of work cigar smoking uneducated redneck.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
here are a few things that I would like to see

govt gets involved with giving mortgages. low rates, perhaps 4.5%. this would be for refinancing existing home mortgages, and buying first homes. not geared for investors, but for 1st time buyers, and people who are under water on their primary residences.

lets roll of nuclear energy, offshore drilling, clean coal, and natural gas on and off our own shores. we are spending about 850 billion a year on foreign oil. this alone could fix our deficits.