What's new

It's time for my first bourbon : Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek ?

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I never tried bourbon before and after reading this forum I decided to give it a shot :)
Visited some stores to check local availability and came down to these 2 : Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek
What will be a better choice for a first-timer ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buffalo Trace...good price point, better overall taste, and great quality bourbon. Careful, though; once you start enjoying bourbon you start looking for new ones to try and then you're budget is blown. Be sure to grab your cigars first!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Some solid choices there and I am going to firmly plant myself in the "Buffalo Trace camp".

However, I think that all of the answers are based on the assumption that you will be drinking the bourbon straight. Are you? I actually like Knob Hill for an Old Fashioned but definitely the Buffalo Trace for drinking straight (and neat)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buffalo Trace over Knob Creek if you are just starting out. Makers Mark is a good place to start as the finish is a little sweeter.

I would also recommend Angels Envy. It is finished in port wine barrels and has a really smooth finish. It goes great with cigars and is my go to when smoking.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
For 24.99 I'd go with BT. For 32.99 on sale at Binnys I'd go with a new found favorite. Russell's Reserve 10yr. I'm going back this week to buy a case.....

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll go with Buffalo Trace. I'm in the middle of dental implants treatment and cannot smoke. However I can drink and I'll spend my few next months budget with the intent to educate myself on some good alcohol options to pair my cigars with, when I'll start smoking again :)