What's new

It's Yard Gar Time

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My yard to is rock, and cactus so the work in minimal. The entertainment is the Quail, and Dove trying to mate the opposite sex.

Land Tortoise is still in hybernation, it will be 6 months on the 18th.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Once I saw a ring neck dove try to mate with a pigeon in my backyard. Of course I never saw my pet dear that year. Pretty sure my neighbor shot her last fall.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Once I saw a ring neck dove try to mate with a pigeon in my backyard. Of course I never saw my pet dear that year. Pretty sure my neighbor shot her last fall.
rip Bambi

You know back when I lived in upstate New York as a kid the deer hunts were a lot better. Deer meat was 30% higher in protein and 30% lower in fat. Man times changed.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
rip Bambi

You know back when I lived in upstate New York as a kid the deer hunts were a lot better. Deer meat was 30% higher in protein and 30% lower in fat. Man times changed.
It's true. You just can't find nice grass fed venison in the woods anymore. All the corn we're feeding them is making wild venison completely unhealthy for us. Back in the good ole days we were much healthier because our wild game was healthier. It's my expert opinion that its due to the tax exemptions that Obama gave to the corn industry. And I'm an expert because i was alive back in the good ole days.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Is S. Louisiana the only place cutting grass!
No, my fescue here in the panhandle of Texas is green as ever, as long as the sprinklers stay going. 7 months and counting with no more than a .10" of rain here. I've mowed three times this spring already, but I'm also watering 17 minutes per zone every three days.
We are up to a 90% chance of rain for friday. Fingers crossed

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
No, my fescue here in the panhandle of Texas is green as ever, as long as the sprinklers stay going. 7 months and counting with no more than a .10" of rain here. I've mowed three times this spring already, but I'm also watering 17 minutes per zone every three days.
You ever consider getting it sprayed? Like with paint? Similar to a golf course... less water waste :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I guess Sunray is appropriate

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You ever consider getting it sprayed? Like with paint? Similar to a golf course... less water waste :)
I only keep the front yard this green. It's a fairly small area. House sits about 1/3 of the way into a 1/4 acre lot. Back yard gets watered 10 minutes per zone every 5 days.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm always looking for new cigars for the yard. There is a cheapie smoke from the local shop that isn't terrible. Has no band, I forget the name of it, but would be willing to trade yard hard with any one interested.