What's new

Jaime Garcia Reserva Especiale Toro

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dave (UNCELNINO) gave this to me last night in the shop.

I put out the cigar I was smoking just so I could give this one a try.

It sported a super-thick black wrapper that instantly reminded me of the Le Bijou. After I lit it and took the first few puffs, it tasted just like the Le Bijou - minus the meatiness and with more balance. It was smooth and enjoyable, not complex, and thankfully not very Pepin-y.

This was like smoking a Cafe Mocha. Very rich and creamy, but not a "palate killer" like so many Pepin sticks. Some might be underwhelmed by this stick, but I found it right up my alley.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for sharing Jamie....is the shop carrying them now or did that come fron Uncle Nino's private stash?

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This is exactly what I was hoping for in this stick. REALLY looking forward to trying them. Fortunately, a box of the robustos just landed a couple days ago affording me the priviledge of doing so very, very soon! ;)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to a Pepin event last night and got to try one of these.

Although the cigar, IMO, was better manufactured and more oily, it tasted to me like the new El Baton line. It was slightly smoother, great draw, MUCH less toothy, but the overall flavors were very very similar.

Bear

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I had a Robo, thanks Kyle, a few weeks ago out on the course. I smoked quite a few stogies that Saturday and this cigar is the one that stood out. A great smoke that is ready to go.

This reminds me I need get some for the humi.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
This cigar knocked me on my a**.
Strong....Loads of nicotine, and very tasty. One of the most beautiful wrappers I've seen.

I plan to do a 'formal' review, but I really like this stick a lot.