What's new

JC Newman Perla del Mar

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost, I want to say that I received this Cigar courtesy from JC Newman through a Facebook contest.

JC Newman Perla del Mar Perla M

Nicaraguan Filler and Binder
Ecuadoran Connecticut Wrapper

4 3/4 x 53

The Cigar was a little soft to the touch on the foot, but with the Cigar being sent FL-TX in 100 degree temp. I'm not going to hold that against them. Rest of the Cigar was nice and smooth.

Off the light I picked up a lot of spice off the foot, which mellowed over the first third.. Very smooth and creamy, with just a hint of nuttiness off the front of the tongue.

That spiciness was pretty much gone into the second third. Still extremely smooth, nice and creamy and was picking up more of the nuttiness, almost like a mix of almond and hazelnut. Really makes me wish I had a cup of coffee with this cigar.

The spiciness really came to kick back at the beginning of the last third, and was picking up more wood and nut flavors. The spice was not overwhelming, but added character as I smoked it down to the end of the Cigar, about 50min later.

Overall a solid Cigar. Would be a very nice choice for a Cigar Newbie. Price rage is around the $4.75-6 mark depending on the size. Great mild-medium middle of the day cigar!

JCN.jpg

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
IIRC same factory that does brick house. not a real front brain smoke, but reliable and decent, easy to find, and all around a very approachable smoke. great for sharing with the boys. o)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IIRC same factory that does brick house. not a real front brain smoke, but reliable and decent, easy to find, and all around a very approachable smoke. great for sharing with the boys. o)
No problem!! Figured I'd start trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about lol

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
don't get me wrong, man, solid review, and i agree with it almost in it's entirety. and it is damn decent with a cappuccino. o)

my point was that this is the kind of smoke that gets oft overlooked with all the boutique stuff and the LE's and all. i have some i chase, some i pine for, and some i hold and save. but i always have a stash of stuff like these guys: brick house, flores y rodriguez, and padron K's, for when i want something fun that i don't want to or have to overthink. dependable and safe, if you will.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree. Also, being here in Texas before I move to NC at the end of the month, I really don't want to smoke something heavy in 95 degree heat. Granted I love big Maduro and strong flavors, but it's not something I'm going to smoke on a hot Texas Summer day. It's like me and beer. I love big rich bld stouts and hoppy IPAs, but I want to drink a nice clean amber ale or pilsner on a day where it's going to be 100+ out.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the review, and congrats on winning them! Really been wanting to try these. Always on the lookout ofr creamy flavorful mild smokes, and tend to like most things Newman.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nope, but will add them to my list now! Just looked them up on CI and they sound great. They described them as med-full, but they seem to exaggerate strength all the time.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Nope, but will add them to my list now! Just looked them up on CI and they sound great. They described them as med-full, but they seem to exaggerate strength all the time.
I just got a box from famous. Give me yr addy and I can send along a few. Anythign for a fellow Orson fan.