What's new

jean sibelius

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
i got this cigar from a trade with my friend jukka a couple of years ago...

cool looking coffin

the band has a picture of what look's like a mad man,but after looking it up,it turns out he's a music composer,which i reckon is the same thing...lol

i admit that i have never heard of the man,but i really dig his quote: "Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." how true is that!!

ok,on to the review...

very firm feel,with a light musty smell of grassy coffee tobacco

quick work with my guillotine and torch,and i'm smokin' and enjoying a very smooth light spicy earthy floral taste

i'm smoking this in dr bomb's laboratory,that's why everything is so white. he's a stickler for cleanliness ya know...

burning and drawing great with a fine amount of smoke that's actually kinda smooth on the retrohale

same flavors of grassy coffee and light spicy flavors,but there is an after taste that i want to call green leather,but i don't know if there is such a thing...lol

it's probably anise and bay leaf,but i need to keep smoking to be sure

last couple of inches and it has been a very interesting cigar so far.

slow burning with some very unique flavors,that i am happy with,and need to investigate further.

zilla! i don't think you're supposed to be in here!

finishes up a little spicier than it started. not a peppery spice though,more of an allspice,and what might have been a touch of nutmeg for a couple of puffs

a little over an hour of smoking time,which made me sad,because i wanted to keep smoking this one!

thanks to jukka for the cigar!

i really hope you enjoyed my review...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great cigar with all those baking spices in evidence.

Sibelius wrote Finlandia, beloved by Finns. Personally I prefer his violin concerto.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Enjoyed it as always. Sweet presentation, both the cigar box and your winter surroundings! The dude on the label looks as if he's spent a day or two in a white room also.lol

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
In my travels as a military musician, I've performed Finlandia as a member of the percussion section on numerous occasions, and it's really a wonderful, powerful, majestic piece of music; perhaps worthy of pairing with a good cigar and maybe a nice merlot...;-). The violin concerto in D minor, (the saddest of all musical keys) could be considered by some to be a superior piece, but I don't think I would enjoy the cigar nearly as much, as I would be working too hard listening to enjoy the stogie, and might well end up cutting my wrists prior to the conclusion of either one. All that silliness aside, thanks for the review....sounds like a great smoke!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my travels as a military musician, I've performed Finlandia as a member of the percussion section on numerous occasions, and it's really a wonderful, powerful, majestic piece of music; perhaps worthy of pairing with a good cigar and maybe a nice merlot...;-). The violin concerto in D minor, (the saddest of all musical keys) could be considered by some to be a superior piece, but I don't think I would enjoy the cigar nearly as much, as I would be working too hard listening to enjoy the stogie, and might well end up cutting my wrists prior to the conclusion of either one. All that silliness aside, thanks for the review....sounds like a great smoke!
Ha! Love it. I take your point. By the way, lots of fine military ensembles around DC where I live. You guys are great.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I actually listened back to the Dm concerto, (probably for the first time in a dozen or so years), just to make sure it was the piece I heard in my little pea-musician-brain when I first read your post. It was. Although it's a really well written piece, I just can't listen to the whole thing any more. I'm a huge fan of music in minor keys, but damn. This one has probably pushed more than one already suicidal listener over the edge.....:crytears:.....okay.....thread hijack complete. BTW....where you been Shucks?