What's new

JJ Maduro Discontinued

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just read on Halfwheel that Pepin is discontinuing the DPG JJ Maduro! Crazy!

Anyone know why this is? I assume sales aren't good or something, but I always thought that was one of his more popular cigars until the last 3 years or so (when tons of new stuff has been coming out). I'll admit they aren't one of the maduros I reach for very often nowadays.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I thought i read somewhere that pepin was actually considering discontinuing the entire line. I think the sales aren't there, one of the downfalls of having so many lines people love is that one or two will eventually fall by the wayside.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that Jaime is saving the broadleaf for other cigars like his JGRE. Not sure if it is true though...just heard it somewhere.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess some guy on here (or some other board) was just spouting off crap.

I will have to buy a box of these before they are gone...

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I thought i read somewhere that pepin was actually considering discontinuing the entire line. I think the sales aren't there, one of the downfalls of having so many lines people love is that one or two will eventually fall by the wayside.
I hope this isn't the case, I absolutely love these cigars :crytears:.

Dan

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have seen some of the regular DP Blacks being sold off for a while or marked down quite a bit, I was wondering if that was the case. I will also need to buy some boxes to keep!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I have seen some of the regular DP Blacks being sold off for a while or marked down quite a bit, I was wondering if that was the case. I will also need to buy some boxes to keep!
I think the Black and Blue lines are both good sellers, but I guess I have nothing to base that on besides all the Pepin hos I know, lol, which is not a fair market to look at.

If they Blacks are on the chopping block, I'll need to brake down and finally buy a cab of the Lanceros!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm smoking one of these JJ Maduros now and it's tasty. I bought a box about 8 months ago and I have about 5 left. I need to order a box on the 1st when my cigar budget that my wife and I agreed on "resets"...I should buy two boxes. One to age and one to smoke during the summer. But there are too many cigars I like and I can't buy too much of one thing.

I'll be really frustrated if they discontinue the blue and blacks. Have been some of my favorites the past 4-5 years. People might disagree but I think they are a better value than the My Fathers. I can get Blues and blacks on free fall for like $3-$3.50 whereas the MFs cost like $8-$10. Not that they are bad. I'm just the kind of guy that would rather have 3 "very good" cigars than one "great" cigar in most cases. And based on the few MFs I have had I would call them "good" or even "very good" but I'm not sure they are "great" to my palate.