What's new

John Patton Storm Front (4noggins) - PToM June 2015 (Pipe Tobacco of the Month)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Post your reviews here!

STORM FRONT
Brand: John Patton
Blend Type: Burley Based
Contents: Burley, Cigar Leaf
Flavoring: None
Cut: Coarse Cut
Packaging: Bulk

From 4noggins.com:

Two cube cut burleys combined with cigar leaf. Meaty, sweet, and smokey. This might be John's favorite blend yet!!​

Prior PToM reviews can be found HERE

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
To spice things up a bit this year, I'm going to start doing a little giveaway each month.
For each person that reviews the PToM, I'll add a half ounce sample to the pot, up to a max of 2oz. total. Then, at the end of the month, I'll draw a winner from the lot who posted reviews and send them their winnings. Just a little juice to hopefully boost participation. Reviews don't need to be in any special format or super in-depth, just let us know what you thought of the PToM, what you liked, what you didn't. Maybe what it reminded you of. Pictures are great, too. Just share your thoughts, enjoy, and have fun.
Cool draws & sweet smokes, Brothers!

REVIEWS:
@thedismaltrade <= Miss Congeniality
@CVAC085
@Doc Sixstring <= WINNER
@Whtwtrman79
@hopzilla

Project Link: http://www.randompicker.com/protocol/206886x58256

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Here we go....

Time lit and began smoke: 2:45pm in my Eric Nording signature pipe. Wanted a bigger bowl pipe in my collection to really get a decent review.

Relights: 3 plus the initial light

Intial sniff from the mason jar presented me an aroma of woods and nuts.

First part of bowl: slight bite on initial puffs but had some mild bodied woods, earthy and a taste of nuts.

Mid bowl: flavors intensified a little with a little bit more of a bite. Wasn't a huge bite.

Last part of bowl: flavors mellowed out with a surprisingly mild nic kick but it was tasty.

Final thoughts: a staple in my cellar for sure. 4/5 on the rating. Roughly an hour of piping.

Thanks to @K Williams too for gifting me this baccy in my Pipe Newbie trade too!!

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go. Been smoking on this one enough over the past week or so to get a good idea of what I'd like to say about it
Bag Age: 2014
Bag Aroma: Spice, slight nuttiness, and very light cigary notes

Taste: Burley-forward nuttiness, but with a condiment spice from the cigar leaf. Snorking is strangely smooth for such a blend

Strength and Nicotine: Medium. Definitely medium - strong for most.

Smokeability: Comes in lovely ribbons which I prefer dried to near-crisp. Very simple to load and light, A+

Room Note: Cigar lounge-esque. Probably one of the closest to this smell, outside of a heavy cigarleaf blend like Habana Daydream. Nuttiness to the air, but almost like a fresh cigarette

Thoughts: Great blend, great price, and great blender. The rest of John Patton's stuff is phenomenal too, try it.

Recommend to: Cigar smokers, anyone who enjoys a nice kick from lady N and some spice (perique lovers should be all of this)

Summary: Easy to smoke, can be a bit bitey if you aren't careful, but sipping will reveal a variety of flavours from cigar-ish to toasted nuts. Great burley blend.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Smoked this tonight, courtesy of Withers.

Mostly I noticed the cigar leaf. I kept thinking, "I need to try this again before smoking anything else, because all I taste is that cigar I just finished." Oops. That was probably the cigar leaf in the blend itself!