What's new

Johnny O Review

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
well, I hear you can get these from a guy in Florida somewhere.... so I'm posting in "domestic"
First let me say that this is the first review I am posting… so go easy on me.

Cigar is a Johnny-O
Appearance- Oily, rich color wrapper. Solid stick. Smells very nice, Very earthy (almost like good dirt... I know... weird)

First 1/3
-Strong, Rich earth tones. Also picked up some dark coffee flavors. Good burn (even in the wind), never hot. Nice ash (a bit flaky)
-Some sweetness to it… can’t pinpoint a flavor, but it’s not overly sweet.
-I had 4-5 minutes of bitterness mixed in near the end of this 1/3… but it passed as I started the second 1/3.

Second 1/3
-Still strong, rich earth tones, a bit sweet still. There were also some flavors I could not pinpoint... but they were nice!!
-Good burn continues… almost perfect after 35 minutes in the wind.
-Every draw delivers tons of smoke.
-very slight tone of coffee at the end of this 1/3, not nearly as strong as the coffee from the beginning
-still great draw, no relighting. Minor burn issue (windy day) after about an hour

The final 1/3
-This is shaping up to be a great smoke… Still very powerful (I ate a heavy lunch)
-burn corrected itself a bit, nothing to worry about, but it's still a bit crooked...
-more rich earthy flavors, The ash is kind of gray, and very solid. Another flavor that I can not figure out is there... wish I knew what it was...
-I stopped smoking this cigar with about an inch left to it due to it getting more bitter with every draw near the end.

Overall- Great cigar, Very powerful, Good flavors.
Looks beautiful, the wrapper is very nice looking with only one minor wrinkle in it.
Burned great, fairly even (not perfect… but it’s windy today)
I recommend everyone that enjoys a strong smoke try to get their hands on one of these.
I forgot to take pictures cause I was watching a movie as I smoked it… so, sorry, there are no pictures…

cigarguy71

BIG JIM
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
No bitterness in the two i smoked slow down grasshopper thanks for the review bro. And Bob thanks for sharing these sticks with everyone.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice review but how is it a great smoke? You had bitterness throughout this cigar in 2 places, that leads to a bad cigar in my book. What size was this cigar? Was it one of Johnny's darker EL type wrappers or just his regular colorado? I think Jim might be correct you might be smoking way to fast to get that bitterness.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
the last few months his supply has been heavier towards the darker wrappers. i've found them to be really oily, so i'm sure age will help them. but i tend to like the tartness that freshies sometimes have so it's a win win for me. plust the price is fair.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Nice review but how is it a great smoke? You had bitterness throughout this cigar in 2 places, that leads to a bad cigar in my book. What size was this cigar? Was it one of Johnny's darker EL type wrappers or just his regular colorado? I think Jim might be correct you might be smoking way to fast to get that bitterness.
minor bitterness in the middle is not a bad thing. It passed very quickly. The bitterness at the end is something I have experienced with other heavier cigars as well, so I just wrote that off as everything that collected at the end.
The cigar is great to me because of all the flavors I experienced, and how nicely it felt, looked and burned. I will not write this off as a less than great cigar from 1 I tried that had some bitterness to it... If others I have are the same way, then I might change how I feel about em.